Snippet of Chapter 1

Snippet of Chapter 1

A Chapter by Ami N.
"

Will be removed once I get a chance to actually write the first chapter~

"

Chapter 1: Adelynne

 

"And then Daddy said you were special," my brother explained.

 

“Ha. I bet he didn’t say that about you!” I stuck out my tongue at my brother.

 

I could imagine him rolling his eyes and the grin on his face spread to mine as well as we held hands and walked to our first day of kindergarten class. 

 

Today felt like one of those good days, where everything seemed like it popped out of a perfect day in fairy tale. The sun felt like it was smiling down on us. I could not see it, yet I felt its warm embrace engulf me. The autumn breeze gently tickled my face and carried a faint smell of grass. Somewhere in the near distance, I could hear other children laughing, probably enjoying their early recess games.  My heart swelled with joy as I realized I would soon get a chance to play with them �" for the first time.

 

Suddenly, the heat of the sun disappeared as I realized we had stepped into the classroom. I sucked air through my teeth and suddenly I was nervous. What if the teacher didn’t like me? What if the other kids thought I was weird?

 

And they would be right. I was not like them.



© 2012 Ami N.


Author's Note

Ami N.
Super short. I know :)
'Tis why it is a snippet.

I guess it just gives a little insight to the main character. Any guesses why you think she's special?

I'm still debating with I should do super short chapters (like twice this length) and have more chapters; or longer and fewer chapters...

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

AWW!
This is so cute!
Can't wait to read more! :)

I really want to know more about the characters.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Ha! Cheered me right up after my loss in the quiz! Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hahaha, this cute little snippet was a very enjoyable read for me! ^^

e3e I think...she's blind. You said a few times that she couldn't see things like the sun, and described everything around her but what she sees visually.

But that's just what I think. I could be wrong. XD Very well done! 8D Can't wait to read the whole chatper! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago


Hmmm..... does the girl have a mental disability?

Can't wait for the rest of the chapter. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

308 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2012
Last Updated on October 1, 2012


Author

Ami N.
Ami N.

CA



About
Me~ 'Tis what I am. And no better me can there be of me 'Cuz I am the only me there can ever be :) more..

Writing
Short Stories Short Stories

A Book by Ami N.



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Chapter 8: Town Chapter 8: Town

A Chapter by ~Dragon X