Chapter 3: Sword of Light

Chapter 3: Sword of Light

A Chapter by ~Dragon X
"

Felix takes the first step into learning the Paladin's trade...and his loyalty is tested.

"
Every other day, there would be a "normal" day, except for Saturday and Sunday, which were both training days. On "normal" days, Felix would be taught the chores of the house--to sweep, to cook, to wash clothes, clean armor, and get groceries. Felix also learned how to create a fire by  igniting tinder with flint and steel.
These days are occasionally used to send Felix on special tasks. If Master Rose is irritated or frustrated by her pupil, she often sent him on daunting tasks far from the little cottage so she wouldn't have to see him for a while--and when she does, he'll be in bad shape, so she'll be satisfied with the damage done to him without having to punish him herself.
Today however, was rather different. Felix woke up in the morning, on time, changed, and dashed into the kitchen, Aarwing trailing sleepily behind him. Luckily for Felix, Master Rose was just entering the room. "What would you like for breakfast?" Felix asked her, rubbing his eyes, trying to wake himself up.
"Spinach sandwich," she said simply.
Felix sighed, a little relieved. He knew where the spinach and bread was, which he quickly grabbed, and quickly put the sandwiches together before offering them to Master Rose. She ate silently, not complaining of the quality of the food like she usually did; if a spinach sandwich can be poor quality, that is.
Felix handed some of his spinach and bread to Aarwing, who ate it happily. Felix was able to force himself to eat the greens he didn't favor very much, with an intimidating Master practically watching his every move, scanning for any sign of complaint. "I think you're ready to start using real weapons."
Felix blinked and looked up from his sandwich. "Real weapons? The clay-more I saw was too big for me...."
"I don't mean that," Master Rose replied, shaking her head. "I mean this." She raised her right hand and curled her fingers, where little flecks of light began to gather and collect together in her hand. They were slow and floated at first, but as if some unknown magnetic attraction increased suddenly, the flecks gathered faster and collected, finally forming a gleaming, enormous sword made completely out of light. It resembled the very sun in its brightness; the only difference is that it was in the form of a sword, and it was far closer.
Felix brought his hands over his eyes and squinted, surprised by the sudden brightness. "What? But...it's so big...!" It's twice as big as that clay-more! Felix thought to himself, a little overwhelmed.
Master Rose smirked, then stretched her fingers previously curled around the handle of this sword, and the flecks of light that had previously been condensed to form the sword parted and faded away, going gradually then speeding up until it was all gone. 
"Don't worry, yours will be the perfect size. Finish your food, then I'll explain it to you." Felix then realized that his Master had finished her spinach sandwich, while Felix wasn't even half-way through.
Felix blinked, then nodded furiously and filled himself with the sandwich as quickly as he could, having Aarwing help a little bit as well. Once he finished, he took the dishes and washed them quickly, then followed his Master to the back door and to the training grounds.
Master Rose walked to and into the arena. She put her hands on her hips and smirked when Felix approached, who was clearly nervous and shy. "Alright then," Master Rose declared, "Let's teach you how to summon the Sword of Light."
Master Rose pointed to Felix's left hand. "That right hand of yours won't do the job; it's far too tainted to summon anything holy with it."
Felix blinked. "Ah, that's okay Master, I'm left-handed anyways..."
Master Rose flicked Felix in the forehead. "Don't get cocky. I wasn't going to cut you any slack anyways." 
Felix yelped a little to the flicking, not exactly expecting it.
"Now then," Master Rose began, clearing her throat, "summoning a Sword of Light is actually quite simple. I want you to think of all of the good you have in yourself, every little bit of hope and kindness you have in your heart, and focus all of that emotion into the center of the palm of your left hand. The sword is summoned there. The more goodness you have in your heart, the bigger the sword will be, and the more powerful it will become."
Felix listened carefully, then nodded very hesitantly. "Ok...." He looked at the palm of his left hand intently. ".....I can't think of anything, Master..."
Master Rose found it entertaining to flick him, so she did it again. "Yes you can. I know you have good in you somewhere. You don't need that much to summon the sword."
Felix twitched and yelped again in surprise to the flick. Why does she keep doing that? He sighed, then nodded slowly. "Ok...I'll try...." He focused on his hand. He did admit that he found some memories he was happy about in his past, before meeting Master Rose. He allowed the memories to fill him, then moved his gaze to his hand and tried to channel it there. The center of Felix's palm had a few little flecks of light appearing, dancing and floating before bonding together.
The bigger the little clump got, the more little particles of light began to emerge and collect to the clump increasing in size. Felix smiled in confidence, but was able to keep his focus long enough to see the flecks speed up, and finally form...

A butter knife.

Felix stared at it, trying not to frown. This is........pathetic..........
Master Rose moved a hand over her mouth to hide a snicker. "Let me see that." She cupped her own, larger hands around Felix's, which held the little, glowing butter knife. She turned it so the point faced Felix's chest. She held it like that for a moment.

Then, with a jerk made without warning, thrust the little knife into where Felix's heart should be.


© 2012 ~Dragon X


Author's Note

~Dragon X
No, I did not just kill of one of my main protagonists. XD I'm not done with him yet. o3o'

I'm wondering though, is this an effective cliffhanger? Let me know in your reviews ^^'

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I laughed so hard when he summoned the butter knife! XD Really pathetic, Felix.

Your AN worries me. Felix...might...die? *kindagotattached*

It's a cliffhanger, but I'm assuming he's 1)immortal and 2) it's like some kind of test for the strength for his Sword of Light

BUT REALLY THIS JUST GETS BETTER AND BETTER!!! o.o
100/100

Posted 11 Years Ago


~Dragon X

11 Years Ago

Hahaha, I'm glad you found that part funny! XD He's not really...strong willed right now. ^^'
.. read more
Jasmine Thousand

11 Years Ago

XD I can tell. A butter knife, honestly!!! *would probably summon an iron toothpick myself*
read more
Love this chapter. You did a great job entroducing the new element of this story with the Sword of Light. And the details of how you discribed it was very well writen. The suspense at the end was a great way to end the chapter as well. I can't wait to read what happens to Felix in the next chapter!

Posted 11 Years Ago


~Dragon X

11 Years Ago

Aww, thank you so much Rider! :D I'm so glad you enjoyed it, and I greatly appreciate that you took .. read more
Dark Rider

11 Years Ago

I love stories like this. It's just finding ones that hold my attention. And this one does exactly t.. read more
Felix smiled in confidence, but was able to keep his focus long enough to see the flecks speed up, and finally form...

A butter knife.

I don't know why, but that's my most favorite part in this lovely chapter. XD
Effective cliffhanger? Yes, I do say you did a great job with the ending. Even though I knew he wouldn't die from it, it still shocked me. XD
Wonderful chapter!!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


~Dragon X

11 Years Ago

I admit I had fun typing that part up. XD

Thank you so much Breezy! I'm really glad you.. read more
LOL, I don't really find it to be too gruesome, since I know a butter knife can't really kill or even injure a person THAT bad. I was kinda scared at first, then I thought...Master Rose wouldn't kill her pupil, and Felix probably won't die from a butter knife. But still, I'm intrigued as to why she did that.

Again a pretty great chapter mah darlin! Keep at it!

Posted 11 Years Ago


~Dragon X

11 Years Ago

Accurate analysis, Sumayya XD

And thank you! I'm glad you liked it! ^^ Did the last b.. read more
Last line is pretty gruesome. lOVE iT So fAr!

Posted 11 Years Ago


~Dragon X

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much Hidden! ^^'

XD Don't worry, Master Rose knows what she's doing....
Forever Hidden

11 Years Ago

I trust Master Rose. I think XD

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 27, 2012
Last Updated on September 28, 2012
Tags: Demon, paladin, fantasy, light, dark, magic, darkness


Author

~Dragon X
~Dragon X

Riding Dragons, OH



About
hi I'm basically a ghost here now I show up once in a blue moon I'm all over this nifty lil place called wattpad now, but my writing still sucks so don't go there body, a, a:hover { cursor:url.. more..

Writing
The Reason The Reason

A Poem by ~Dragon X



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..