Cold in December

Cold in December

A Story by Imperfection
"

I wrote it last December...thoughts about losing him.

"

 

Every December, I look for him again. And yes, I find him Whenever, I look for him, he's there...

Been two years since that day in December but I still make it a point to walk through those places where I had been with him. I remember every moment of that day. Every single bit of it. I go through those memories in my head once in a while because I have to keep the memory of that day as alive as it would have felt had it been possible to turn it into reality once again. Not that I will forget if I don’t remind myself. His goodness makes it impossible for me to forget him.



Every December, I take out the same dress that I had worn at our last meeting. For the rest of the year, I keep it away in my closet. I wear it to feel those moments that I can never have back, to feel him. I’m wearing it now as I’m typing this.

As I’d walked away from him that day, I had known that we would meet again and yet I was crying. I was the first to walk away because I didn’t want him to see my tears. Today is different; I know we will never be together again. The tears haven't ceased to flow.

He was in such a hurry that evening and yet he had come to meet me. The meeting had lasted hardly a couple of minutes.

I remember I’d said – “it doesn’t make sense to travel all that distance and come here when all I get is to hold your hand”

And his reply – “even if I have to come double that distance for a glance of you, I will. For you’re worth it.”

But every December without him is yet another proof of the fact that we will never meet again.

Every December, I miss him more.

Every December, the cold distance between us grows.

And I feel the pain grow too.

 

For more on the background, you can go through the other pieces I've posted here. I almost always write about "him"...pretty much all the time.

© 2009 Imperfection


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You pain is too much. His love is so sweet "even if I have to come double that distance for a glance of you, I will. For you're worth it." Don't allow "the cold distance between us grows".

Two people in pain for one love, it just doesn't seem fair. Give both of yourselves another chance. Give love another chance. You deserve to have a happy and warm December; don't let it just pass you by.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Sad but beautifully penned and expressed
with deep felt emotions brought forth~Well DonE!~Fran Marie


Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Wow this is so beautiful! Sad, beautiful, and so full of emotion. It is a wonderful thing to express love and sadness! I absolutely love it! Keep up the great writing!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This piece carries the saddness of the world in these words, but also the joy of love and the longing left behind in it's wake. I was so impressed by the love that surpasses time and space. I believe that true love never dies and you will find each other in life beyond the bounderies of this world. Beautifully written and
artfully expressed.
Debby

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Palpable sadness, heartbreak, longing.....a story of great intensity. I sincerely hope you find him or he finds you again someday. Tears can be cleansing, but too many of them can wear away the soul. I hope you find the happy medium. The graphic you chose to accompany your words is so appropos! Powerful write. Lydia

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

wonderful emotional piece. Your pain emanates throughout the entire piece. very well written.
thanks for sharing
Sandra

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

If he is single, I would contact him where ever he is..why live in heartbreak if you still have a chance to open a door and let him back into your life.. I didn't and for years and years I have regretted that I did not even try to contact him..God bless valentine

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I wish there were a way I could offer consolation but it's rare that there is any to be had from pain such as this. I hope that the pain will fade though I'm sure the memories will remain. Good Luck.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is such a sad story but one so eloquently portrayed. It is as if I can feel the emotion you put into this as every line seems to bleed with intense feelings. Red a fitting color of both the pain and yet the heart and the love that is exemplified in this piece. Wonderful piece of writing and I look forward to reading more of this.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

the sadness here is so plainly apparent....the sense of loss almost overwhelming. Am left wondering if you are apart by choice or tragedy...in the end, it doesn't matter to the piece. the ending of some relationships are so much harder to bear than others; if possible at all, I hope you find eachother again.

laura

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

The pain in this is so evident and strong it breaks my heart to read it... I wonder why the two of you had to part when it seems both of you never wanted to let go... I hope you add more to this, if only to soothe your aching heart.


Brette

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

797 Views
24 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 12, 2008
Last Updated on February 14, 2009

Author

Imperfection
Imperfection

India



About
�Writing is easy. You only need to stare at a piece of blank paper until your forehead bleeds� - Douglas Adams. I am a woman in my 20's. I love writing...sometimes it doesn't.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Our Lives.. Our Lives..

A Poem by Rain