Relax

Relax

A Chapter by Andy Cameron

If you can relate to any of this then do not worry you are not alone. Millions of people all around the world suffer from Social Anxiety and low self-esteem at varying levels. The two normally come hand in hand with low self-esteem and depression being the result of living with Social Anxiety and vice versa. Most people take their communication skills for granted. For the average person seemingly normal things like self-expression, conversing with others and making eye contact comes very naturally. For someone suffering from Social Anxiety it can be extremely challenging making attending social events and public speaking and excruciating.

Social Anxiety is extremely frustrating and if you allow it to continue controlling you it can completely destroy your chances of happiness and fulfilment, holding you back in many areas where you would otherwise be enjoying an uninhibited joyous life. It can hold you back in your career as well as your social life, making it difficult to display your full potential in order to follow your dreams and aspirations.

It is in our nature as human beings to yearn for recognition and acceptance, striving to be the best version of ourselves possible during our short existence on earth. We want the very best from life, including all of the perks that come with it! To love and feel loved. To experience companionship, popularity and acceptance. To enjoy close relationships with the opposite sex and strong bonds with friends and family. To have the admiration and respect of others. Taking things in our stride, free of all inhibitions and angst. Being able to express ourselves freely in a calm and confident manor, exhibiting confidence in all situations. Being heard and accounted for, always appreciated and held in high regards by others. Having fun, standing out in a crowd and being the life and soul of a party. The spontaneous, charismatic person who makes everyone laugh at the dinner table. Ultimately possessing the ability of being your true self and feeling comfortable in your own skin.

Unfortunately social anxiety can strip all of these amazing things away from you, leaving you in doubt of your own true potential. Living in constant fear of humiliation and rejection, always imagining that others are analysing, judging and criticizing you. Constantly terrified that you might say or do something embarrassing which you can’t take back. Worrying about attending social events far in advance and using alcohol and drugs to mask the anxiety and give you instant confidence.

The most soul destroying fact about Social Anxiety is being aware that the people you come into contact with in your every day life are perceiving a false version of you. Underneath your seemingly shy, guarded exterior you are a really nice fun person with an amazing personality and so much to give. You are being held back by something that is out of your control. Through sheer frustration you are completely incapable of showing your true self and letting people close enough so that they can experience the true joy which is you. This makes making new friends and increasing your social circle extremely difficult.

The good news

The good news is that it does not have to be this way trust me! The amazing thing about your situation is that you can actually have all of these things with all these seemingly impossible traits. You can finally be the person that you always dreamed you could were it not for Social Anxiety dragging you down. The reality is that the only person holding you back is you. You are already in a good position because you have accepted that you need help and have made a positive step in the right direction by choosing to read this book.

With my guidance I will help you to understand what you are experiencing and begin retraining your mind, eliminating your negative thought patterns and replacing them with positive ones. By completing the simple exercises outlined in this book and making small changes to your everyday life you will in time increase your confidence and self-worth, finally ridding you of the fear and insecurities which have been so cruelly life inhibiting, You will learn to overcome your fears and be yourself in social situations, making it possible for the world to see the incredible person they have been missing out on so far.

At this moment in time you may have very low self-esteem but trust me! You deserve to be free of Social anxiety. You are an amazing person with your own unique personality. You have your own individual thoughts and emotions which should be expressed and shared with others. You deserve a large circle of friends whom you can connect with on a personal level. You have opinions which should be heard and an amazing sense of humour which must shine though.

You deserve to be appreciated and to be capable of expressing yourself fully and freely. Noone should be held back by anything in life. You only get one chance at it and you don’t have to live yours an insecure, nervous, watered down version of yourself.



© 2015 Andy Cameron


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

122 Views
Added on August 12, 2015
Last Updated on August 12, 2015
Tags: social, anxiety, fear, shy


Author

Andy Cameron
Andy Cameron

Arbroath, Angus, United Kingdom



About
I have suffered from Social Anxiety for 25 years and I would like to help other people so that they can learn from my knowledge and experiences ultimately improving their quality of life. more..

Writing
About Me About Me

A Chapter by Andy Cameron


My Aim My Aim

A Chapter by Andy Cameron