Dragon Bones Chapter 2

Dragon Bones Chapter 2

A Story by Bec

Dragon Bones

Chapter 2

Dr Mason wasn’t all that old to what Sarah had imagined him to be. Considering the amount of times they did talk this was the first time they actually met. At the airport of all places, Sarah felt weird but she knew she would be okay. After all he backed up her work and taking her on a trip of a life time. Still she managed to keep her eyes on him and herself.

He wasn’t that much older than she, probably only 5 years she guessed. They found out a lot of each other on the way which they surely had a lot in common. By the time they got to LA, Sarah was finally relaxed around him.

A taxi was waiting from the airport to the cruise terminal, the cruise ship wasn’t that big but Sarah felt giddy when she did finally see it up close. This was the first time she ever been on one. As they got closer to getting on board her nerves were showing. Dr Mason spotted this straight away and put his hand on her shoulder, the touch of his hand on made her feel at ease and her body started to ease down.

They settled into their cabin. 2 single beds. A bit different to how she expected it to be but none the less she wasn’t going to complain. They had a drill of life jackets and boat safety before they left the port. Then shortly after dinner would be ready in the restaurants.

Dr Mason guided her through the ship, they were going to spend at least a good 5 days and they had plenty of work ahead. Continuous emails were being sent back and forth and in the end they both spent most of their free time in the library getting stuff printed off Sarah didn’t have time for free time except after dinner when she felt beat. 

Days flew bye and before she knew it they had arrived in Sydney. Last leg now she said to herself. Dr Mason had told her the trip up to cairns would take over an hour and they will be okay.

She was still wobbly from being on the ship, her head spinning, her throat dry. She was not used to this climate it was way different from home. The humidity made her clothes stuck to her skin. Knowing there was a drought here made her cringe the water is limited here. Thankfully she wasn’t a girly girl who was afraid to break her nails or cried when she had a scrape

Sarah get a hold of yourself will you, you used to live here.

Dr Mason grabbed both their luggages and directed her to the last pit stop. The next flight was about 2 hours away. Time to kill Sarah found a few internet kiosks and put money into the machine. She never once used the on board credit for her time. She wanted to check up on Emma and the apartment. Feeling silly she knew deep down that everything will be okay but at least Emma would like to know she got to Australia safe and sound.

 

To [email protected]

Emma, got here safe and sound, cruise was good though my head is spinning. Waiting at the airport for flight to Cairns. Would love to take you on one in near future though there was a lot of entertainment on board but we mainly stuck to work. Food was amazing, coffee wasn’t as good. Miss you. How is everything going back home? Don’t know what the wifi would be like in Cairns but will try and get hold of you. Stay safe.

Sarah xx

 

Within 5 minutes she had heard a buzz. A new email emerged. She looked at the time it would be really late at night back home what was Emma doing up this late for?

 

To [email protected]

Missing my coffee are you? I’m glad so you should be, totally jealous that you still went on a cruise. What were you thinking working whilst on there???

David left a few messages on your answering machine, had so many urges to tell him to f**k off and leave you alone.  So tempted but meh boys hey!!

Also thank you for your wonderful dinners, the wine went down very nicely. Though not so well the next morning. Thank god I didn’t have to walk to far!!.

New hot date alert omg, meeting him tonight holy cow he’s like Tatum dude, he came in 5 mornings in a row so drop dead.  Miss you, love you.

And yes maybe cruise for New Years Eve?

Ems xo

 

Sarah smiled good to see her friend back on the dating scene made her smile. Knowing Emma would take a few photos and send it to her later. She had a few more emails in her inbox a lot from David which pretty much flooded her inbox. She deleted them all at once.

By then Dr Mason came over to her and sat down beside her.

“Why didn’t you check them before when we were on board?” He asked.

“Because we were working and it costs money” she smiled.

Sarah, just call me Will please, I think after that cruise you can start calling me by my first name. Sarah nodded. She wasn’t sure if that was a good idea it would still be very awkward for her but she could only try her best.

Feeling very strange about calling Dr Mason by his first name she gulped and took a deep breath.

“Well erm Will, would you like to grab a coffee?” Sarah’s mouth relaxed after that.

“Sure, there is a McDonalds around here we can grab a coffee there?”  Will smiled and put her arm in his and off they went like a married couple.

Sarah kept muttering in my mind saying his name over and over until she felt relaxed.

“Will.” She blurted out awkwardly.

“Yes Sarah?” he couldn’t help but let himself giggle.

“Um, how do you have your coffee?”

“Oh, I’ll take care of this while you find us a seat.”

“No, No you can’t honestly this is the least I can do for you, you’ve been such a good help the last week. It’s my way of saying thanks.”

“Sarah, please honestly I can just use the work card, they wouldn’t mind.”

Sarah pouted she was defeated once again but she tried not to take it to heart. Dr Mason has been incredibly nice to her. She tried to draw a smile to him, it didn’t exactly work out the way she planned.

“So, what will you like to drink Dr?” he smiled.

“Large latte would be nice and please no Dr we are friends aren’t we?”

Will smiled. He liked Sarah a lot. Maybe after this there could be more than just work colleges?

Will returned 10 minutes later, he surprised Sarah with a blueberry muffin each.

“Will, how did you know that these are my favourite?” Smiling  greedily ate the muffin, enjoying every bit of it.

As soon as Sarah finished her last bite of the muffin, a lady called their names over the PA system.

“Are we in trouble?” Sarah asked Will?

“No, but we should go and see what they are after.”

While Sarah grabbed the rubbish, Will took their coffees and headed to the gate number.

 

The lady was on the phone when they had arrived there. Seemed to have been urgent.

“Dr Mason, Dr Devon, your flight has been moved forward, it’s ready for you to board now if you want.”

The two doctors looked at each other in surprise. “We had 2 people cancel the last minute and we had your details and thought you might want to get up there early?”

Dr Mason looked at the girls name tag, “Why thank you Amy, much appreciated.”

Amy smiled back, at them and took their flight booking details.

“What about our luggage?” Sarah asked Amy.

“We were able to find both luggage’s and have moved them onto your correct flight. If we are missing anything then we can mail it off to your place of location?

© 2015 Bec


Author's Note

Bec
ignore grammar problems, what do you think of the dialogue, etc.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

78 Views
Added on July 6, 2015
Last Updated on July 6, 2015

Author

Bec
Bec

Queensland, Brisbane, Australia



About
Check out chick by day but when not working i'm a Avid Reader, Photographer and writer. I'm 29 year's old From Brisbane Australia. when i'm not doing any of the above i'm either chilling with fami.. more..

Writing
Darkest secrets Darkest secrets

A Story by Bec