Darkest secrets

Darkest secrets

A Story by Bec
"

Alexis has a secret no one knows about, on air she reveals it and the out come was not what she expected.

"

Darkest Secrets

“Good Evening people, This is Johnny Cartel it’s 11pm and the night is still young, Before we get to our latest tracks tonight I want to know you’re deepest darkest secrets…. Viewers who have facebook can rate the best secrets and the winner gets a prize of a overnight stay down on the beautiful Gold Coast, Apparently right now is whale season so this would be a perfect get away for you and a friend or two. So please callers call in”

Delta Goodrem’s Song Wings plays in the background. (A Beating Drum, It’s in my lungs, I breathe it in, it takes my breath away, I don’t look back, It’s just a trap, we are all one but we’re not the same)

 

Alexis is talking to Courtney, a girls night in was what was planned for, but then Neil and Adam showed up. The radio is in the back ground. Alexis has her laptop in front and she has the page opened up waiting to hear these darkest secrets.

 

“Court’s, how much fun would it be in if we got on the radio.”

“Super mad, like do you even have dark secret?” Courtney asked her.

“Yeah of course I do, but I mean you don’t know all about me still. Plus it’s a trip down to the Goldie it will be epic.

“Johnny Cartel is back on air here, now if you haven’t heard we are doing a darkest secrets the winner will win a trip for 2 the beautiful Gold Coast, Judging will be done on facebook and it looks like we have our very first caller.”

“Omg, Johnny I love you”

“What’s your name sweat heart?”

“Meghan, I’m 25 and I live in Melbourne.”

“So, Meghan what is your dark secret you care to share” Johnny asked her.

“Johnny, I need to come out. I have a wonderful boyfriend and been with him for 3  years but I need to come out to him saying I’m Bi and I like girls too and I have had a secret crush on his sister for 3 years.” Meghan sighed.

“Oh wow, Megs… Can I call you Megs? Wow that was something well I hope you and your boyfriend still together after that secret is revealed maybe this holiday might bring you 2 together closer after this. Soo callers please come on facebook to our wonderful page and tell us your thoughts. The most likes on this will win the trip to the Gold Coast.  Now let’s hear music from James Bay” (Tried to keep you close to me, but life got in between… Tried to square but being there, but think that I should’ve been)

Neil and Adam had finally shown up on the door step of Alexis house with a few drinks in their hands. Courtney had held out her arms to push Neil in closer to her to give him a hug and a kiss. Adam took the soft drinks and put them into the freezer to cool them off.

“Seriously Alexis you really going to go on air?” Neil asked her.

Alexis smiled, a smile that Adam knows too well of his girlfriend.

“Neil, Alexis is telling the truth, she is hiding something.” Replied Adam.

“Johnny Cartel, live in the studio, callers we are getting soo many good calls but we have only got 2 more callers.. Off air I’ve been getting so many good ones but seriously kids.. Who stole from their friend’s years ago and coming clean well it’s out of your conscious now but we need something more”

Alexis grabbed her mobile phone and dials the local number.

“It’s ringing” She says out loud. The group of friends are excited

“Johnny Cartel, you’re on the air who am I talking to?” He answers on the other end.

Alexis squeals “Oh  Hi Johnny, I’m Alexis and I just turned 21 today.”

“Happy bday Alexis,” Johnny says. “Alexis, do you mind holding on the other end of the phone line I have one more caller. “Johnny It’s Nick, I’m 17.” “Hi Nick, now out of the two of you who would like to go first?”

“Nick, you can go first,” Alexis said out loud.

Adam grabs his phone and records the conversation.

“Nick, tell me your deepest secret. Now remember this could win you a trip for you and your mates to the Gold Coast.” Johnny Cartel repeated.

“Well Johnny, I would like to come clean. I um. I cheated on my exams, I got the results back today and scored 100%” a huge sigh released from Nick.

“Oh wow, Nick are you in year 12?” Johnny asked him.

“Yes, I am, you know the pressures the teachers and parents put on you and I had no choice strict parents I couldn’t help it. The test papers were there sitting in the office and well they had the results next to them I couldn’t help but take a peak and grabbed the sheet.” Nick replied. His voice had changed from happy to sad like he was about to cry.

“Nick, just so you’re clear you have just come out saying you cheated on the most important test of your life out on radio for everyone to hear and what you are saying is true?”

“Yes Johnny, it’s not my proudest moment but I hope everyone can forgive me.”

“Well Nick, good luck with the aftermath of letting everyone know your deepest secret it is out now on facebook to click the likes. Now for Alexis secret. Alexis are you still there?”

Alexis grabbed the laptop to see how many likes Meghan was getting, already she was up by 20 likes.

“Well, Johnny my secret is. I’m …” Alexis froze. Adam was staring right at her. Neil and Courtney were scurrying the facebook feed.

“You can do this Alexis, tell everyone your secret.” Johnny asked her,

“Okay, well Johnny no one knows except my Dr, but now my boyfriend is standing right next to me, and my best friend Court’s is here too. My secret is I’m 14 weeks pregnant. “

Courtney dropped whatever she was doing and screamed with joy. Adam stayed there standing still and in shock.

“Alexis that is great news isn’t it? Congrats on you and your boyfriend. This was a really good secret you had kept to yourself and now everyone knows.” Johnny said. “Everyone you have another 10 minutes to vote for the winner. You have Meghan who’s secret is her secret crush on her boyfriend’s sister. Nick who cheated on his final exams and Birthday girl Alexis who just announced to everyone she is 14 weeks pregnant”

Alexis stayed online while Johnny grabbed her details as he did with the other 3 contestants.

Adam remained stunned “Alexis why didn’t you tell anyone” He asked her.

Alexis came up to him to hold out his arms and put her hands in his.

“Because I wanted it to be a surprise and well I wasn’t sure how long to wait and even if it wasn’t for the radio I would have told you tonight in front of our closest friends.”

“Alexis I love you, and I well I was going to do this anyways” Nick went down on one knee and pulled out a box.

“On your 21st birthday this is going to be a day you will never forget. Will you Alexis, mother of my soon to be child, my best friend, my soul mate, will you marry me?” Adam asked. Alexis stood there in shock her hands started shaking and she felt like she was going to faint. She swayed a little to the side but Courtney had caught her before she fell.

“She needs to sit down, Neil grab her a glass of water.” Courtney cried out loud.

After sipping some water Alexis gulped the rest down and finally was able to answer back to Adam who was still on one knee waiting patiently for an answer. Johnny was on the other end had listened in this whole time.

“Say Yes Alexis he said out loud.” It wasn’t coming from the phone it had come from the radio. Adam’s proposal was being aired live right then and there.

Neil who was staring at the facebook wall page “S**t dudes Alexis you’re flogging them say yes god dam it.”

“Yes” Alexis said out loud. ”Yes Adam I will marry you.”

Cheers came from the radio, from Johnny, Courtney screamed out loud and cried with excitement.

“Alright folks, you have heard this live and on air. Johnny Cartel is here and we have just had the most exciting live entertainment for the night. Alexis and Adam congratulations to you both. Our viewers have voted and Alexis honey, you have won a trip to the Gold Coast with you and a friend. Congratulations and I hope everything is what you dream off.  My managers have been listening to you just before and heard about Adam’s proposal they want to chuck in $5000 to help you with your wedding, especially now that there is a baby on the way all thanks to our favourite Sponsors I hope you have a lovely night Johnny Cartel is off air enjoy your weekend and see you all next week.” Johnny signed off.

Alexis was still on the phone. Still in shock with everything that happened. Everyone flogged to her facebook wall page and her friends had started posting congratulations and friends from high school and old primary school were all talking to her. Alexis was on a high and the smile on her face there was nothing that could wipe it away from her.

 

 

© 2015 Bec


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

102 Views
Added on August 23, 2015
Last Updated on August 23, 2015

Author

Bec
Bec

Queensland, Brisbane, Australia



About
Check out chick by day but when not working i'm a Avid Reader, Photographer and writer. I'm 29 year's old From Brisbane Australia. when i'm not doing any of the above i'm either chilling with fami.. more..

Writing
Crash Crash

A Story by Bec