Crash

Crash

A Story by Bec
"

a short story of a couple of teenagers given a 2nd chance

"

Lucy Adams, bright 18 successful blog poster but on a night coming home from a friend’s party changed her life forever.

It was raining and late, some say she was sober, some say she was drinking. Her ex-boyfriend arrived at the scene 2 minutes after the accident.

2 ambulance’s surrounded the car followed by fire engines and police cars.

“Officer, is my girlfriend going to be okay?”  Barry Simpson asked one of them.

“Sir, please calm down we don’t know any details yet. Who are you in relations with the victim?” Officer Pete asked?

“Lucy, she was my girl, we got into an argument a few minutes ago, I, err it’s my fault Oh s**t, I don’t know what to do” Barry was starting to panic. The shock took over Barry, flash backs off the previous moments coming through his mind.

“Barry, we need you to come down to the station and get your statement.”

“Yes, officer I will be there soon, do I need to get myself a lawyer?”

“Mr Simpson at this stage no, but if you need one then sure we will meet you there shortly.”

 

30 minutes later, Barry Simpson was sitting on a chair in interview room 1. By then he had calmed down, a family friend Mr James Seeko is the family lawyer who represents him.  He recalls in details that night leading up to the fatal crash.

“Mr Simpson, there was no other witness who came forward, Miss Adams is still unconscious and in hospital. The Dr’s say she is in a coma with 2 broken legs and a broken back. This is serious damage, if you are responsible for this crash then you are in a lot of trouble.”

Barry stayed in the room for over 2 hours, there was no news on Lucy Adams and there were no charges to be made. Though he was given strict instructions not to go anywhere for a while Barry remained every day at the hospital sitting by Lucy’s side.

 

3 years later, Barry still had hopes that Lucy would wake up. As much as time changed in those years, Lucy’s wounds did heal except for still being in a coma. One night exactly on the date of the crash Lucy woke up. Barry was there by her side and cried out to the nurses.

 

“She’s awake, she’s awake. The 21 year old called her parents to tell them all the good news.

They weren’t too far away, by the time they came in the room Lucy was sitting upright and talking.

“Lucy” her mum cried out.

“Oh mum, I’m so sorry, I hurt you” both girls cried for ages.

The next day police came in for questioning.

“Lucy Adams, are you able to recall the night of the accident 3 years ago on 5th May 2012?” The officer asked.

“Yes, I think I had a couple of drinks, and I was not thinking and got into the car. I had a fight with Barry. He had told me he caught me cheating, I was upset and lashed out at him. I got into the car and started driving. There was a dog just in the middle of the road, I didn’t want to hit it. I sounded the horn but he just stayed still I swerved around him and lost control and after that it was all blank.”

“Miss Adams, are you confirming this is your statement and that Mr Simpson was present?”

“Yes officer.”

Barry came into the room and hugged his girlfriend.

Lucy’s mum had told her that every day Barry did not leave her bed side and read to her favourite books every day.

 

Lucy cried, “Mum, I heard him every day. I couldn’t open my eyes. I was frightened my body was in a lot of pain but I remember everything, the stories, you guys crying, I just wanted to open my eyes up so badly but I couldn’t.

Barry was standing in the door way, “Do you remember what I said to you when I asked you when you opened up your eyes?”

“Yes and the answer is Yes Barry, I will marry you.”

Barry cried, he ran over to her bed side took the ring out of his pocket and kneeled down on one leg and asked her again this time in front of her family.

After such a tough 3 years, now it was time for happy endings with Barry and Lucy were given a second chance and Barry wasn’t going to blow his chance. 

© 2015 Bec


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

good little story with a happy ending. just a few typos but nothing major.
there is, however something I didn't quite get. why would the police question the boy when it was clearly a car crash? just a thought :)

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

113 Views
1 Review
Added on July 12, 2015
Last Updated on July 12, 2015

Author

Bec
Bec

Queensland, Brisbane, Australia



About
Check out chick by day but when not working i'm a Avid Reader, Photographer and writer. I'm 29 year's old From Brisbane Australia. when i'm not doing any of the above i'm either chilling with fami.. more..

Writing
Darkest secrets Darkest secrets

A Story by Bec