Chapter Ten

Chapter Ten

A Chapter by Angel Shores

Chapter Ten

            The anger that flared in Judar’s face when he saw her was startling, but expected.
            “You seem familiar, have I threatened you before?” he laughed with that same cruel smile creeping back onto his face. She stood before him silently as he went on with scorn,

            “Didn’t expect you to come back so soon.”

            “But you did expect me to come back,” Terra replied, and he gave no answer. She didn’t want to play this game anymore. They stared at each other for a long time, ignoring the countdown of Jeremiah’s impending return.
            “--I’m sorry--”

            “--You’re stupid--” They said it at the same time, making Judar start in surprise before growing cross.
            “You’re stupid for coming back. I’m not helping you again so you’re just going to die. Better get used to your life in Slag Town.” He stretched back and fained lazy aloofness, but she noticed his lashing tail. “So, how do you wanna go? Incineration, strangulation? There are so many fun choices.”
            “I’m not going anywhere,” Terra said with such force that Judar had to take a moment to cover his confusion with mocked amusement.
            “Is that so, little livewire? Because you’re not getting any more handouts for me after that pathetic display,” Judar scoffed while she wrung her hands in discomfort.
            “That’s not it…” she began carefully. “I, you…we tore down that wall together--and,”
            “Yeah, and look where it got you? Nowhere. I risked my a*s for nothing, and I won’t be doing that again anytime soon.” Sadly, she understood where he was coming from, and there wasn’t much she could say to justify this. Carrie still hadn’t had any premonitions and was resting at the inn right now. Terra had aimlessly wandered out here on an unknown quest.
            “For a moment, you were willing to help. For a moment you were…my friend,” she sighed, unable to fight her watering eyes or meet Judar’s.
            “…”
            “…”
            “…Is that supposed to change my mind?” He burst out with a guffaw before sobering his dark tone to declare, “I am no one’s friend.”
            “But everyone was free!” Terra shouted, angry now and a little too loud. They were both interrupted by a penetrating voice.
            “Judar! Who the hell are you talking to? Open a hole in the damn barrier!” His sharp tones echoed throughout the massive cavern before he was even visible.
            “Oh, great. Get out of here, will you?” Judar hissed suddenly, but at this point she was feeling rather despondent, sick, and didn’t care about the panic in his voice.
            “I want to go home…” she mumbled gently. But what was home? Did it really exist? How did she know she hadn’t lost it for good?
            “Get down you idiot, before he kills you!”
            “I just…want to go home.”



© 2020 Angel Shores


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

11 Views
Added on May 31, 2020
Last Updated on May 31, 2020


Author

Angel Shores
Angel Shores

Perrysburg, OH



About
Hi, my name is Angel and writing is my hobby; never knew what to do with that though, so here I am. My goal is to get better at it and gauge what others think. Thanks for having a look around :) more..

Writing
Chapter One Chapter One

A Chapter by Angel Shores


Chapter Two Chapter Two

A Chapter by Angel Shores