Marie - a friend of WC - R.I.P.

Marie - a friend of WC - R.I.P.

A Poem by ANTO

I first encountered Marie on here a few years ago. She had been a poet here for many years before I joined. She didn't comment much on my writing to begin. I didn't know what to make of her. Many poet's here said the same in private. They thought her aloof. When I got to know the soul behind the best ballads on WC and the brief (but skilful and very vivid) poems, I knew her to be warm, witty, straight shooting and positive. Marie passed away last month. She will be sadly missed. 
Her writing speaks for itself. She bequeaths to the world a fine canon of work (published works too) which if you care to read it will show you who she really was. God Bless you Marie. x


Marie of Writer's Cafe.

My dear friend Marie, it truly pained me
To see the Return the Love! widget, this day on W.C.,  
List your avatar - 'twas then it came home to me 
That your great wit and your sponsorship I'll never
again see.
 
I remember your skills quite vividly ~
Once you penned the best snow-scape I ever did read
Then when I commended it - you admitted to me
That you'd never actually seen such, not personally.

One of the finest gentle-lady poets we'll ever see.
So fair of pen and commentary
One of our number - a mainstay of WC.
Queen of the Ballads - our dear Marie. (R.I.P.)

© 2015 ANTO


Author's Note

ANTO
She will be missed.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I will miss Marie. I can not say that Marie and I were friends, but I remember seeing her around her. This was a wonderful piece to honor her. She is now in heaven though with the Angels, I am sure :)

Posted 8 Years Ago


A very lovely tribute and I am sure as she shares her words with God, he will be happy. Still sharing her gift at a higher level. Well said.

Posted 8 Years Ago


How sad. Marie and I were not friends, but I remember seeing her writing on WC. Your tribute is touching and heartfelt, Anto. I hope her family and friends see it and that it brings them comfort. May her memory be a blessing. Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


I know few poets with this name on this site, who are you talking about? That's such a shock. RIP Marie.

Posted 8 Years Ago


I remember Marie; she was a gifted writer and excellent poetess.
May God grant her the peace and love we all so desperately seek.
A glowing, most fitting, tribute, ANTO!

Posted 8 Years Ago


We only had a short acquaintance. The most I knew about her, I knew from her comments on other poets' work. I was away for such a long time there...I came to know about this only now. You are absolutely right about what you said about her.
An extremely heartfelt tribute, Anto. She would be missed.
May she rest in peace.

Posted 8 Years Ago


You've written a fine tribute to Marie. Yes, she wasn't at all dramatic--you might say she was staid--but I had much interaction with her over the years, and thought highly of her. Things around here are sadly quiet without her.

Posted 8 Years Ago


A fine tribute Anto and expressed so well.

Posted 8 Years Ago


A warm lovely tribute to a wonderful poet and lady!

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1057 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 1, 2015
Last Updated on October 1, 2015

Author

ANTO
ANTO

BELFAST, Co. Antrim, United Kingdom



About
more..

Writing
O..D O..D

A Poem by ANTO


instant love instant love

A Poem by ANTO



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..