In-continent pen

In-continent pen

A Poem by ANTO
"

Hate is another facet of love; don't look for the splinter in someone's eye when there is a plank in your own. -anto (survivor of the Troll wars)

"
shouting at the wind
wasting all his energy 
he should know better

© 2015 ANTO


Author's Note

ANTO
captcha: sphygmic (of the pulse)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

A great Haiku full of great force, as it should be. Surviving the Troll wars certainly was good for you.

Posted 8 Years Ago


These remind me of my Grandfather favorite words to me. "Son, don't piss into the wind. You cannot win." Nice wisdom shared my friend.
Coyote

Posted 8 Years Ago


The wind carries the shout away and then it truly means nothing. You have said much in your three short lines, Anto. Troll wars? What have I missed? Lydi**

Posted 8 Years Ago


You should no better. But it seems you do not.

Posted 8 Years Ago


The pith rather than the piss. You should be proud and with these few words you have won. (Certainly my accolade for what its worth).

Posted 8 Years Ago


But sometimes it does help! lol :))

Posted 8 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.
This comment has been deleted by the website administrators.
ANTO hi. Firstly thanks for reviewing my story - much appreciated.

I've read all the poems I could find on the first screen of your listing, and - as I've said to BLITZED - I'm on a slow journey back from ignoring poetry for about 30 years. From my interest in lyrics, I imagine that the way back for me will be through strongly rhythmic poems like many of yours, especially this haiku, which I like very much.

I have found lots to like in several of your poems. The economy of very aptly chosen words. The interesting pause points. Thank you for sharing. Regards, Nigel.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Perhaps there is nothing to know … silly human … that's me I am talking about .. always wanting to know. Hope that plank builds a raft to sunnier climes.

Posted 8 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1253 Views
39 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 15, 2015
Last Updated on October 15, 2015
Tags: sad, old, man, shouting, the, odds

Author

ANTO
ANTO

BELFAST, Co. Antrim, United Kingdom



About
more..

Writing
O..D O..D

A Poem by ANTO


instant love instant love

A Poem by ANTO



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Mirrored Moon Mirrored Moon

A Poem by ANTO


Echoes of You Echoes of You

A Poem by Relic