Stand By Me

Stand By Me

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Love immortal and unchanging devotion spans the wall Over which we go exchanging our smiles with one and all

"
Becky and I
Becky and I

We seek a kind and faithful friend

devotions sweet flower

One who will stand by till the end

lighting the darkest hour

 

Love immortal thoughts exchanging

devotion scales the wall

There we share our love unchanging

with smiles for one and all

 

Her guiding hand which proves so sound

my inner soul to see

Oh may no love that's ever found

mean more than she, to me



© 2023 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
To have a great lifelong friend is one of the greatest and most profound experiences. I would encourage all who have not done so to try it. The answer to all who would topple your life is the unwavering devotion of a friend

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

That last stanza is poetic perfection. Immaculate. This whole piece is powerful and incredibly tender, you are so lucky to know love and to have been loved in this way... I enjoyed this poem very much, you're a remarkable writer, Tate. 1

“Beauty of whatever kind, in its supreme development, invariably excites the sensitive soul to tears.”
― Edgar Allan Poe

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is beautifully done. I have a couple of friends that I consider in this manner, though, sadly they live too far from me to be able to see on a regular basis. I have always been the substance over quantity type, and when it comes to friendships I think this fact is most important. I would choose one amazing, devoted, compassionate friend over a thousand who will smile when I am there, but forget me when I'm gone. Nicely done, made me think...

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is simply a master piece with perfect rhyming, perfect word use and experssing all that is felt. Thanks for sharing Tate it is always brings me peace to read your work!!!


Posted 11 Years Ago


This is so beautiful. I am blessed with two longtime friends. The first since we were 13 the other since 17. Both are my rocks and though they live in other states I need only call and it feels like we've never parted. A lifelong friend is like family...a sister or brother who knows often times knows you better then you know yourself.

Posted 11 Years Ago


In my own case, my best friends are like rust--they tarnish you, corrode you, fray you out, exhaust your strength . . . but if you try to cut them out of your life, too much of your own heart goes with them, and you'll be nothing but an empty shell in the end . . . most of my friends are like that--I have a best friend like this one in the poem; he barely ever lifts me up (in fact, I can't remember if he ever did,) but he's more loyal and true and honest than a mirror. I wouldn't give us up for anything--even with what it costs me, he's still a friend.

Posted 11 Years Ago


True friendship does make life so much sweeter. Such excellent and profound words, Tate. May you and yours live ever peacefully and safely:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


A wonderful tribute to someone who's no doubt a great woman. Not too complex, but crafting a great piece. Enjoyed it very much.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

thank you it was a pleasure to create for my wife and you know im nothing if not simple and direct
I think you'd make a great commercial writer, you know how distill complex concepts into a few lines of intensely moving poetry. Great job.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Friendship is hard to write about, but always worth it if you can get something of what it feels like across. You do it well, Tate. I guess friendship itself is that way, tricky sometimes, but always a worthy investment.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your words speak so much truth! A friend like that is so hard to find, and if one is so lucky to find it they better hold them to heart!

Posted 11 Years Ago


So true. I wouldn't know what to do if I ever lost my best friend we know each other inside and out,we could speak over the phone and not mention certain things and we both instantly know if something is wrong with one another.My kids dad used to call her my other half haha. She is though...it's funny we're so different in so many ways yet alike in many ways and complete opposites as far as our personalities go but somehow we complete each other. She is like the sister I never had and I love her dearly I would be lost without her and part of me would never be the same...

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

5902 Views
116 Reviews
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on January 30, 2013
Last Updated on October 6, 2023
Tags: poetry

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Peaches Peaches

A Poem by Tate Morgan