Rich or Poor (Video Poem)

Rich or Poor (Video Poem)

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

The poor man's son inherits kindness which with all others level stands Then asks the outcast bless his door to share the fruit of his two hands

"
Pictures of myself and my family over the years


$12.50

To see my books click on the pictures to take you to them



$12.50




$12.50

 


© 2017 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
It isn't that rich people are per-say bad. Nor that poor people are good. It is the human condition that sets up society by stature. And counts wealth by monetary gain. Money is never happiness. Yet we are told all the time that it is. Look around you. See the multitudes rushing to amass their fortunes. And for what. Women who followed Gloria Steinem's ideals that you can have it all are miserable. Why? Because you can't have it all. You can't spend a life climbing the corporate ladder. Waiting to reach some plateau in your late 30s and then start a family. Children are not easy to raise. So why does money seem to make so many crazy and so many unhappy? Because money can't hold a hand. Money can't read a child's bedtime story. And money cannot make memories that last a lifetime. Shared life does that. Family does that. Descendants are the answer to selflessness. I cannot forget the look of a child's face who waited for dad to come pick him up when we were children. Only to hear again and again dad was too busy to come get him.The dreams of happiness preached on wall street are the lies that will not live forever neither will we. The smiles of children stamped in the mint of memory are the coin of the realm of happiness!
Tate

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

its a beautiful poem .. love your word work Tate! its true what you say about money .. for sure .. the examples are all around us .. but being poor isnt happiness either .. by the same measure .. i think most of us just want out of the daily struggle ..weekly struggle .. and hallelujah! get on the month to month plan :) that takes the want of money (our medium of exchange) .. how we get it is the deal i think .. the pics of the horses and jockeys make me think of the recent Kentucky Derby winner it the Cal. Dreams story .. i think if your poem wasn't so universal .. you wouldn't need the note .. but i enjoyed it muchly and the song ..
E.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Morgan

10 Years Ago

Thank you Gene I guess i see nobility in struggle and happiness as the reward for it
Einstein Noodle

10 Years Ago

yes .. absolutely .. rich or poor :)



Reviews

Unable to watch your video. There is a message in its place saying " video contains content from WMG", and to go to youtube to hear it.
Did enjoy your Author's note.

Posted 7 Years Ago


This would not play on WC, it said that it contained content from WMG, to watch it on youtube. I did, but that music was totally distracting from the words on the screen, and I couldn't follow it at all. Perhaps that's just me, I can't read, absorb, and listen to music with different words all at the same time. I tried to leave a comment, and it wouldn't let me, just kept refreshing the page.

Posted 9 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

HAHAok you are the first to say that to me But I think the new generations are so use to absorbing t.. read more
Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

You must use microsofts browser they are notorious for restricting content
Very cool Tate.

You can't have both is always the answer for this opposing side of rich and poor :) May some have both but unlikely.

Thanks for sharing!

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Cool... love the video...

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Human condition and human nature...nothing wrong with money, we work hard all our lives and strive for a better life, as long as it doesn't take away from reality...the music is perfect!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Frieda P

9 Years Ago

OMG 17, that is unfathomable in this day and age, and we have so much more. Not to mention, I have a.. read more
Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

night Mary Ellen night John Boy LOl and on and on lol
Frieda P

9 Years Ago

Ha the thought makes me twitch...I thought 3 was a lot!
...money buys away attention to things that will never last, happiness that will never stay forever... man made money, money made man mad...the song, the poem...everything just seems beautiful...

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

thank you Yes money will never hold a hand or tuck a child into bed thank you
Oyindamola Shoola

9 Years Ago

u are welcome
Good music and amazing words. Thank you. Your words are true. A man who worked hard for his needs. He appreciate them. Thank you my friend for the music and good words.
Coyote


Posted 9 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

thank you coyote a man needs to hear that
Coyote Poetry

9 Years Ago

I agree. We need to tell our elders thank you for teaching us the right way.
Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

this is for my elders see what you think http://www.writerscafe.org/writing/aristate/644192
Beautiful nicely done takes me back to my
childhood we do reminisce and miss it.


thank you for sharing this wonderful piece.

blessings. kindred poet

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

Thank you benita
Benita-Staebell M - KindredPoet

9 Years Ago

you're quite welcome my friend. it's my pleasure. blessings. kindred poet
Very nicely done, Tate. Once again, very inspiring.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Kent Clark

9 Years Ago

You're very welcome, though the truth hardly requires thanks.
Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

you are too kind
Kent Clark

9 Years Ago

kindness and truth go hand-in-hand. I've always believed that the greatest kindness IS the truth, wh.. read more
Hi Tate,
Love your videos. I think telling stories that have a moral to them is thought of as a thing of the past. Children no longer read Aesops fables for example, as we did as children learning the differences of right and wrong, misery and wealth, good and bad, kindness and self indulgence.
Maybe it's time we brought some of these things back to our schools and maybe just maybe the world would start to be a better place.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

Thank you Sir I am trying to invent new ways of viewing our works

First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2201 Views
26 Reviews
Added on May 11, 2014
Last Updated on December 3, 2017
Tags: poetry, family

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Aris Aris

A Poem by Tate Morgan