Why?

Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

We tend to be so predictable as a species. Predatory to the core. Yet here and there I see hope of evolution taking a kinder approach. Lets Hope before we kill us all.

"




   


If I could only see the truth

to look beyond our simple ways

I would love knowledge even more

than all the lies of long gone days

 



If man could put away his sword

and beat to plowshares all he'd worn

Then I might be able to see the light

and forget the failings, of those I scorn

 



If we were not such fragile beings

that prayed for things not needed

Then I might think we had a chance

but all the lessons still go unheeded

 



If life would only start as it ends

with great knowledge left to share

 We might not trample each other

then sin to hide what we must bear

 



If life could only do all these things

I would live deep in the truth so wise

To take the life, that I've been given

and turn to God with forgiving eyes


 



© 2021 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
We tend to be so predictable as a species. Predatory to the core. Yet here and there I see hope of evolution taking a kinder approach.
Lets Hope before we kill us all.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I think we are of one Spirit my friend...we love...and that is our calling and our creed. We are misunderstood...we are called weak...presumed naive...when our strength and wisdom is the very thing others fail to find an empathy for...and it saddens us. But we have no fear, knowing that love which resides within us is greater than the evil which abides in the world. Keep fighting the good fight. Wonderful write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

I agree we try to see past mans nature to find the bettr angels of our nature.In the constant hope t.. read more



Reviews

Prejudice is definitely when someone is sick, that kid is so right....

Then I might be able to see the light
and forget the failings, of those I scorn

Sounds like a plan we all should follow, great read Tate. That photo really gets to me...

Posted 10 Years Ago


I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better, my friend.
And it is all so unnecessary...
If only we could content ourselves with the simple blessings God has given to us...but instead we let our pride and our greed dictate our actions...and we wound each other and the world we live in.
Our Creator begs us to love one another, even as He loves us, and tells us that the world will know His followers by the love that they have in their hearts.

But we turn our heads, and refuse to listen...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

10 Years Ago

thank you very much i have been working so much i can t seem to get online at all
I don't think the term you seek is predatory, as predators kill for necessity of feeding themselves and their young. I think when humanity gained the two hemispheres in their brains they went beyond what can naturally evolve and into the realm of artificial constructs the most times serve to pervert the natural order instead of respect it. The first artificial construct I speak of is "Evil." My definition of "Evil" is taking pleasure in causing pain and suffering to other living creatures. We are the only species that does that on the planet.

Posted 11 Years Ago


We must live as if all these thing could b=really be...

Posted 11 Years Ago


This is so inspiring Tate. Makes one think so much.
"If we were not such fragile beings
that prayed for things not needed
Then I might think we had a chance
but all the lessons still go unheeded"

Do you mind if I quote your above lines in a blog I write? This really has inspires me to write something. Do let me know plz.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

Youi may use it yes Thank you very much !
That terrible day burnt on my memory, Tate. It was my 19th Birthday!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

Hi Dave I remember it as well I was young but the parents were crying watching the Television.They c.. read more
Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

But we dont need to get rid of the bushmaster assault rifles and their like.Yet a man just set 7 hou.. read more
I think we are of one Spirit my friend...we love...and that is our calling and our creed. We are misunderstood...we are called weak...presumed naive...when our strength and wisdom is the very thing others fail to find an empathy for...and it saddens us. But we have no fear, knowing that love which resides within us is greater than the evil which abides in the world. Keep fighting the good fight. Wonderful write.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Morgan

11 Years Ago

I agree we try to see past mans nature to find the bettr angels of our nature.In the constant hope t.. read more
The pictures you add to your poetry are an added bonus. Yes we predatory ...and predictable...another wonderful poem of life, lessons and a hopeful future learning as we go and changing negative attitudes to positive.

Posted 11 Years Ago


This poem delineates basic truths about humanity and its flaws but the last lines convey some tinge of Hope and possible change. I have noticed the degenerating character of the Man ("we might not trample each other then sin to hide what we must bear") and there are no reasons "why" just the ugly retaliation that springs from the heart filed with Anger. Whatever perceived persecution from our roots, our fellowmen, and even from God cannot erase the fact we caused the result. We fail to see ourselves as the source of wrong choices ("if we only knew...")

Posted 11 Years Ago


compassionate and powerful full of wisdom! Tate thanks for sharing! :)

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10817 Views
119 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 12, 2009
Last Updated on January 18, 2021
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan