Love

Love

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

May the Lord Bless you and Keep you all the days of your life.

"
becky

Becky
If size were what life were about
then we would not matter a bit
Not to the thoughts that man can dream
nor all the sins he could commit

Our mind is what gives us value
sensitive beyond it's design
Compassion and love will endure
in both your children and in mine

This little blue planet of life
the only home that we know of
Holds us in it's loving embrace
as here was born every love

No matter what life can collect
nor how long life grants you in time
Why would it matter to the earth
or to the heights of mountains you climb

Humanity won't remember 
the man who commanded his friends
Only he who gives hope and love
so that life on earth never ends

© 2023 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Can a thought or feeling be larger than a universe? Love is the only trait that is worth remembering because it is meant to be given away selflessly. The recipient is as happy to receive it as you were to give it!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Hi Tate,

If all your neutrons were connected together and engaged at the same time they would be able to create a thought sequence far greater than the size of any universe known to humankind. Your deep thinking mind has stirred the pot and may well bring many others into action and this in itself may start a chain reaction.

Your poetry is a catalyst for other poets and I am always interested in what you have to say

Leigh

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Tate Morgan

9 Years Ago

Leigh I am extremely humbled by your thoughts. Thank you so much I hope you have a great Christmas



Reviews

everything is only relative... who is to say what truly is valuable? A great piece.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This one is...great writing Tate, eloquent, beautiful and such sage advice no matter what you circumstances...really loved this.

Posted 13 Years Ago


No truer words have been spoken. Thank you, Tate.

Posted 13 Years Ago


'Can a thought or feeling be larger than a universe' - no/yes/maybe, but who's to say the universe isn't comprised of exactly that, thoughts and feelings, anything created by the mind/concious really. You have some amazing lines in this poem. Thank you for sharing.

KGS

Posted 13 Years Ago


Oh, if only we could keep these feelings and actions daily in our lives, then we would make the heart of our creator so glad by imitating His love, because He is the same every moment of everyday! Very nice write.

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really like this. It partially reminded me of "Moulin Rouge" when the guy says: "Come what may," because no matter what happens, that love will still be there and appear strong. Indeed, love makes the world go round, but it could also destroy us. It is a very powerful and jolting emotion and we must be sure we fully understand this feeling and how we react to it and what it brings to us.

Posted 13 Years Ago


you did a great job on this :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nicely written!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Deaer Tate,

I greatly enjoy the imagery that you mated with this poem. It sets the scale of things. You know how much I appreciate that.

Nice work, my friend. This is a wonderful beginning. The stage is set very powerfully. Then you begin:

"If size were what life was about
then we would not matter a bit"

How true, and more, I suggest we, in fact, do "not matter a bit". How egotistical of Mankind to think otherwise!

But I have to depart with you on:

"Our mind is what gives us value
complex beyond any design"

and I think I know what you want to accomplish, here, and I agree with you. Of all the things of worth in Man, it is our mind that sets us apart. But we are not "complex beyond any design". We are still so weak and simple. There are marvels in this Universe that exceed us and all that we can imagine. Yet I know what you want to say. You are really saying, I think, that what is best in us is our mind and our yearning for the truth. And in this, I couldn't agree more. It is the noble aspect of us. Nice of you to point that out, Tate.

"Why would it matter to the earth
or to heights of mountains you climb"

Indeed! Why would it matter? I'm convinced that it doesn't matter. We are so small. We are inconsequential. This is something that is not easy to accept. We are so important to ourselves. How can that be a lie? How is it that we've gotten that so wrong and that we are meaningless? We'll look around. Do we seem large or small? It's small, I think. Do not discard the evidence of your own eyes, even if they see things that you don't like.

A thought provoking poem, Tate. Nicely written.

Best regards,

Rick





Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You make me sigh, smile, cry, and then sigh again. For your words touch my soul so deeply. They are like beams of light that shine over us and fill us with their great wisdom and that feeling of oh so wonderful peace that we all search for throughout our lives yet sometimes hardly find it. Once again you have outdone yourself my friend and oh so wonderfully too!

Mags xx

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

10874 Views
163 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on December 12, 2010
Last Updated on December 14, 2023
Tags: poetry, humanity, phylosophy, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Curious Alice Curious Alice

A Poem by OT


Songs of Colour Songs of Colour

A Poem by OT


Sub Rosa Sub Rosa

A Poem by .