The Writers Cafe Virus

The Writers Cafe Virus

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Why is it we all tolerate what in real life we would not take The art of being someone’s friend just to use them for our own sake

"

When did we ever say that we

regulate anonymity

Nor wish it on another soul

to bestow mediocrity

 

This virus if allowed to grow

will infect each and every one

With the feeling of helplessness

hiding the dark within the sun

 

We lose good people everyday

tired of wondering on their friends

They will keep fleeing from this site

until this childishness here ends

 

I can't speak for everyone

but for myself I will say this

I would never let a nightmare

send me off to the great abyss

 

Why is it we all tolerate

what in real life we would not take

The art of being someone’s friend

just to use them for your own sake

 

If you can't find it in yourself

to be truthful open and kind

You are wrong simply to assume

that we are all deaf, dumb and blind

 

Tate  














Available Now





Available Now


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

© 2013 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
We all want the same thing here.To meet and share with friends. I say we stop tolerating this nightmare that never ends. Some will say I should not be so upset .Let it roll off.But I have never lain down for abuse. I would rather be knocked down.
A man can always take comfort
in the things he must abide
To look in the mirror fallen
taking resp-it from that he tried

Lately the bad actors are coming out of the woodwork and i am half tempted to open a site just to list each and every one of their names for the sake of the good people here.
Today one of these vermin trashed the work of David Lewis Paget. I say enough is enough! Even if it means we have to publicly out them !

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Most know who the main problem is on here. Desbest said it well. For a while this virus was abated, but it is like Herpes and it keeps coming back. I have no problem blocking and ignoring, but it gets uncomfortable not knowing who you can trust. I just purged approx 75 people from my list of "friends." I will not leave because of a few trouble makers. As a few of us have concurred that this is a social experiment. Konsor lets anything go. Like Animal Farm or Lord of the Flies!

Posted 13 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

:D Right on! I admit I enjoy the gentle petting of a nice review but honesty IS the best policy. That being said, plain nastiness is just that. I love this site, even with some of the less tasteful choice words of a few, nameless writers. I am glad you spoke your mind and voiced your opinion; we should never be afraid of the truth, and as writers we all could use constructive criticism from time to time. Otherwise we'll be dragged into a false reality; only to be made a slave of our own ego. :D Inspiring write. I enjoyed it very much.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is happening to me now. I'm being accused and blamed for things I didn't do. It's not just on this site. No matter what I do to try to ignore the drama, I keep finding something else that has been said about me. Even after I've blocked and ignored this person. This high school drama gets old fast.

Great write though. Even though I'm pretty sure I know who this is about. You're a brilliant writer Tate.

Posted 13 Years Ago


this one touches my heart in particular today.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Speak the truth Tate!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Well said, well expressed, well done.

Great write.

Matthew

Posted 13 Years Ago


I've only come across one trouble-maker so far and quickly blocked the idiot as I'd seen him/her be disrespectful to another friend of mine on here. I have a zero-tolerance policy for that kind of disturbance and would just as soon rid myself of that problem than allow it to fester and send me packing.

Thanks for such a strong write for this infectious problem. You wrote about it so eloquently. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Deep, meaningful, pertinent, strong write with a message all should heed! You express this so well Tate. As you do all your writing. I enjoy this site very much and have only brushed up against a few bad apples, but that is enough to upset anyone. However I intend to stay and appreciate the friends I have made here and the writing they share. Thank you for standing up for all of us who want only to respect and be respected by fellow writers. God Bless, Tate. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


Thank you Tate. For everything.

Posted 13 Years Ago


i have given much thought to this trend of which you speak and i have decided that the lesser of evils applies here. by the way, this poem is relevant, concise and engaging. i like it very much. thanks for joining my little group! on a less serious note "points? we don't need no stinking points!"

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMW
Wow. This was intense. Although I don't fully understand what you mean. Well I do and I don't. People shouldn't pretend to be your friends but it seems to go deeper than that. I didn't even know that you coulod turn of the ratings on this site and its cool that you can. I love the title of this poem because it drew my attention. I am sorry for whatever bad experience you've been through because of this site and no you should never lay down for abuse.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4476 Views
137 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2013
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, Dark, Gay, Hate, sex, teen, horror, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Parapraxis Parapraxis

A Poem by OT


Black Swan Black Swan

A Poem by OT


Antiquity's Rose Antiquity's Rose

A Poem by OT


Unimmortal Unimmortal

A Poem by OT