The Writers Cafe Virus

The Writers Cafe Virus

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

Why is it we all tolerate what in real life we would not take The art of being someone’s friend just to use them for our own sake

"

When did we ever say that we

regulate anonymity

Nor wish it on another soul

to bestow mediocrity

 

This virus if allowed to grow

will infect each and every one

With the feeling of helplessness

hiding the dark within the sun

 

We lose good people everyday

tired of wondering on their friends

They will keep fleeing from this site

until this childishness here ends

 

I can't speak for everyone

but for myself I will say this

I would never let a nightmare

send me off to the great abyss

 

Why is it we all tolerate

what in real life we would not take

The art of being someone’s friend

just to use them for your own sake

 

If you can't find it in yourself

to be truthful open and kind

You are wrong simply to assume

that we are all deaf, dumb and blind

 

Tate  














Available Now





Available Now


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

© 2013 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
We all want the same thing here.To meet and share with friends. I say we stop tolerating this nightmare that never ends. Some will say I should not be so upset .Let it roll off.But I have never lain down for abuse. I would rather be knocked down.
A man can always take comfort
in the things he must abide
To look in the mirror fallen
taking resp-it from that he tried

Lately the bad actors are coming out of the woodwork and i am half tempted to open a site just to list each and every one of their names for the sake of the good people here.
Today one of these vermin trashed the work of David Lewis Paget. I say enough is enough! Even if it means we have to publicly out them !

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Most know who the main problem is on here. Desbest said it well. For a while this virus was abated, but it is like Herpes and it keeps coming back. I have no problem blocking and ignoring, but it gets uncomfortable not knowing who you can trust. I just purged approx 75 people from my list of "friends." I will not leave because of a few trouble makers. As a few of us have concurred that this is a social experiment. Konsor lets anything go. Like Animal Farm or Lord of the Flies!

Posted 13 Years Ago


8 of 8 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I dont do that ratings button either. It's ridiculous. I have to say that I appreciate this poem given that I haven't been on the site for a while and came back to find someone had put up a post casing aspersions and innuendo on someone that was "new" to the site, and without "pointing fingers" (yeah, uh huh) pretty much trashed that new person. I dont know the new person, but I can tell you, the one who put that post up is not someone I would welcome as a friend. What garbage.

Posted 13 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have not come across much on here, other than laziness (i.e writing and never reviewing) but to me that just shows how wrong people have got it, good writers love reading, surely. You're so active in this community, and its nice you care so much. There are some very ignorant, annoying people who use the internet, its nice the community here isn't letting them take over. Thank you for writing this :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


It needed said. And saying it in poetry is apt. Personally, I have never had much problem on this site, but I have come across some reviewers who are rude and'or pompous. I wonder what damage they do to new writers.
I have never used the ratings box. I do not enter competitions. Poetry or prose writing is something that is to be encouraged in all; eager but self-conscious writers should not be discouraged by thinking about their writing as being in competition with others. Deep emotions and deep truth can be found in what some critics would regard as 'poorly constructed' writing, or be so busy commenting on missing commas that the new perspective of the writer is not seen by them.
There is obviously a certain amount of ego in posting up one's writing, but the prime motivation should be the desire to share something with the reader; and that is usually a love of word pictures and new questions. Or even a smile or a laugh.
ATB
Alex.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

roarke

11 Years Ago

here, here.
cartera

11 Years Ago

Did I write that? It is quite good isn't it? Oooh.
Seriously re the cowards or severely critic.. read more
Superb..!!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


So true Tate, love....we have to maintain a balance, comes a day when we need to step back and say "wow, ok, enough!" So, I understand lol Great write love xx

Posted 13 Years Ago


Very nicely written. True friends are so hard to find. When you find them, cherish them. :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


I have a better understanding of this now, Tate, and it makes sense. I guess this is why, truly, I have very few friends. I'm not here for friends, though good ones are nice to have. I do tend to weed them out on occasion and keep the ones I cherish. Well stated, and thanks for the heads up.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is a great write. The initiative, the thought to come up with something as interesting as this triggers anyone to read and drop comments. It is like magnet. It attracts attention and drives it into the pool of interaction. Perhaps, we all are part of the story, and we know which role we play. Truly interesting. Keep writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


My feeling is that the only thing of any importance in all this is whether we can write things which spark little fires in others' minds. And you do. The lesser issue is how successful we are at selling our work. All the personal shenanegins, jealousies and rivalries of a place such as this are irrelevant.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've just stumbled across this site and this poem, and I must say that I am glad I did. I like you already...someone unafraid to stand up for their convictions. nice to meet you.

Posted 13 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4476 Views
137 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on February 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2013
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, Dark, Gay, Hate, sex, teen, horror, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Died On Stage Died On Stage

A Poem by OT


Parapraxis Parapraxis

A Poem by OT


Black Swan Black Swan

A Poem by OT


Antiquity's Rose Antiquity's Rose

A Poem by OT