Let Me Remember You As This

Let Me Remember You As This

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

The wind from our lives blows by us marking as time runs out it cries Filling life's sails with tattle tales while the dream of our childhood dies

"


Without a care through summers fun

we both tousled life in splendor

Each played in the beams daylight streams

holding one another tender

 

Above the churning sky had blushed

without a worry of the night

We played on high till day was nigh

as darkness overcame the light

 

The wind from our lives blows by us

marking as time runs out it cries

Filling life's sails with tattle tales

while the dream of our childhood dies

 

The cricket's songs leisurely played

rain tapped the ground with our first kiss

A warm night bathed in cool moonlight

let me remember you as this

 

© 2013 Tate Morgan


Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Author's Note

Tate Morgan
I can't say that this piece is wrapped completely in reality. It was a thought of youth and time I spent with others and still remember. Time changes everything does it not? Young love is a lot like that. We always entrust our future to the winds of fortune. What once seemed like the end turned out to be only the beginning of something much better. So to all of you who are still young remember this from a man who has been there. It may seem like your love is gone. As if everything you dreamed was just that, a dream. These moments are the ones that carve the character that will make you interesting to others in the future. The only ones who truly know what life has in store, are those who have lived it and come out the other end a little wiser. The pain that will seem to accompany young love teaches us to be true to one another. These pains will help you through life. Through memories of these mutual pains, those endured and those imposed by us on others, we learn to respect each others feelings. This will make you a better person. One you too can respect.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
?
I have one word...Beautiful... as are all your works
Guess thats more than one word..lol
Loved it Tate

Posted 12 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Kes
This is beautiful.
So beautiful.
And just what I needed to hear.
Thank you.

Posted 12 Years Ago


It is beautiful Tate, metaphors recreated in the words of a master poet showing us our young adulthood memories.....what a contrast...nice choice of Music too...I remember this supremes song from my HS years....

Posted 12 Years Ago


'What a shame to have to grow
up
turn away childhood happiness
Give up play each and every
day
forget the touch of loves caress
The wind from our lives blows
by us
marking as time runs out it
cries
Filling life's sails with tattle
tales
while the dream of our
childhood dies...'

What more can I say? This is a sparkling gem of wisdom and art.


Posted 12 Years Ago


~Captivating, Surreal, Beautiful~
I thoroughly enjoyed this piece...These are indeed the moments to carve into the flesh, bone, blood, essence of the individuals who share them...dream or not.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I remember a love just like that, we loved each other so much, then one day I had to move away and she had to stay. I never saw her again after that, we both moved on. Then one day on facebook I came across her picture and sent her a friend request. We met each other again after 15 years and I felt the same about her at that moment as I did when I had to leave her. She felt the same about me. Sadly we both had different expectations and wanted different things from life, so again we had to go our separate ways but I still remember her exactly the way she was because she never really changed and though our lives are vastly different now, we are the same people that fell in love with each other all those years ago. I really enjoyed this piece Tate, Thank you for the request...!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thanks Tate, you hit the right memories for me to remember that certainly entertained happiness and joy in my life. This is another amazing write of yours. Thank you for caring and thank you for your the strength you share. Much appreciated more than you could know, ON this cold chilly day, I am beginning to feel warmth, and by the way, the song fits perfectly. I love this song.

Posted 12 Years Ago


To remember fondly those times when youth blossomed and life was spread before us. I can only imagine how much better people we would be if we never lost that zest for life and a happiness one embraced as we awoke with the new day. Much better people we would be. Love does indeed teach us many lessons, and you have pointed to them with your grace of words. Beautiful poem and message we should all remember every day. :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


A beautiful write, a beautiful dream, and a beautiful message. I really enjoyed reading it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What a delight to read! I love how your poem describes memory.. in all its fleeting moments. The loves we shared, the lives, the memories... beautifully executed as always. Your words leave me melancholy, but in a good way :)

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3314 Views
70 Reviews
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on December 15, 2011
Last Updated on June 12, 2013
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, Dark, Gay, Hate, sex, teen, horror, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Heart Heart

A Poem by Tate Morgan