I Wish

I Wish

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

"Just a poet then?"

"
http://api.ning.com/files/GCnQ-9ipWXlQ4vMSz-Y0997ARL*dnO6kJN7mm5g4nigk0wUBP47087ePnmByFrWL6MYMvuxSKGr2jQMIDAegUdKOr5jtb0bQ/mikeandpayronsepias0.jpg

Michael and Payton

This picture taken by my daughter days before Michael passed into our eternal memories. On that day the heart of The Almighty broke! The skies opened and even Heaven cried.

"Daddy I want to be a poet”

"Just a poet then?"

"Not just a poet!"

"A Great POET!"

 

 

 


Softened by times consummate plush,
How sleek the woe appears
That threatened childhoods citadel
And undermined the years
Bisected now by bleaker griefs,
We envy the despair
That devastated childhood's realm,
So easy to repair

Emily Dickinson















Available Now





Available Now

© 2013 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Who among us has not tasted the bitterness of disappointment? Perhaps in the dreams of a child hope springs eternal!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear Tate,

"Just a poet then?"

Boy, you make the heart of a dreamer proclaim his/her dreams, don't you.

None of us want to be "Just a poet...". We all want to be a great poet. I would be a liar if I said I strived for less. I want my career summary to read: Great scientist, great business man, great lover, great friend, great philosopher, great poet. Who doesn't?!! Indeed, I am consumed by this. It is what drives me every day. I won't achieve all of these goals, I know. Who can? Only the very rare, but do I desire and dare to be the very rare? Yes I do. I have to try even though I know I will only make it so far, and that all the deeds that I may achieve are only transitory, the stuff on a hundred years if I'm lucky. So why the fuss? I don't really know. It is programed into me, I guess, but that is who I am, and that for which I strive. Always a work in progress, trying to be better, until the final end, of course. Where will I go? What will I achieve? "Just a poet..."? Not if I can help it!

A short poem. A powerful poem. Words of the human soul from one so young. We are programed to strive and dream. And we dare to want our dreams to come true. This is probably the greatest attribute of the human soul.

Really high marks on this one, My Friend!

Very best regards,

Rick

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.



Compartment 114
Compartment 114
FREE author website
Authors are creating beautiful personal websites with Myauthor.space for FREE! Try us before you spend $1000s of dollars

Reviews

who could possibly not embrace this wish, especially among poets and would be poets? once again Tate, you have shown how simplicity defines genius!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aww.. how do you say so much with so few words?
Children are unique, because in their mind they truly believe they can be anything, do anything.
Reminded me of Calvin and Hobbes :)

Nicely put.

Posted 11 Years Ago


The awakening of a child to the reality of existence is only cause for sadness should they themselves despair of their aspirations. I have had the privilege of talking at many assemblies and schools - requested by the school for reasons that frankly elude me - at all them I had but one aim, to communicate one thing: Never give up. Never surrender a single inch of yourself or your mind or your ideas to the world; courage is all that is needed, the will to exist and to succeed will make the world bend for you - if only for a moment before you are dead and gone. But that moment is reason enough.

As always with your writing so little says so much, that it makes me envious for having to resort to such superfluous words to match your wit. Envy aside, bravo!

Regards,
A.E.

Posted 11 Years Ago


That was beautiful :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Simple thought... honestly expressed.
Who here among us doesn't feel those words bouncing around our minds everyday? If they aren't, they should.
Good inspiration to continue the journey.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Beautifully expressed!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


This somehow sums up the dreams of children. Children really want to be great and do great things, until that is, someone shatters the said dreams for them.
I do hope all of us writers here persevere with our dreams.
A great write, thanks Tate!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Children are such a blessing and they want to emulate and follow in the footsteps of their adult people around them. These were very wise words.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Yes, it does indeed. But what have we but our own hopes to guide what we will become. Our our dreams often times our sourest desires and our deepest needs? Then life, or those who live it with us, redirect our focus of what is possible.

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe

Know That I Too
We are never alone (a poem for mental health month)
Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5

Stats

2220 Views
52 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 11, 2012
Last Updated on October 5, 2013
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why? Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan