I Wish

I Wish

A Poem by Tate Morgan
"

"Just a poet then?"

"
http://api.ning.com/files/GCnQ-9ipWXlQ4vMSz-Y0997ARL*dnO6kJN7mm5g4nigk0wUBP47087ePnmByFrWL6MYMvuxSKGr2jQMIDAegUdKOr5jtb0bQ/mikeandpayronsepias0.jpg

Michael and Payton

This picture taken by my daughter days before Michael passed into our eternal memories. On that day the heart of The Almighty broke! The skies opened and even Heaven cried.

"Daddy I want to be a poet”

"Just a poet then?"

"Not just a poet!"

"A Great POET!"

 

 

 


Softened by times consummate plush,
How sleek the woe appears
That threatened childhoods citadel
And undermined the years
Bisected now by bleaker griefs,
We envy the despair
That devastated childhood's realm,
So easy to repair

Emily Dickinson















Available Now





Available Now

© 2013 Tate Morgan


Author's Note

Tate Morgan
Who among us has not tasted the bitterness of disappointment? Perhaps in the dreams of a child hope springs eternal!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Dear Tate,

"Just a poet then?"

Boy, you make the heart of a dreamer proclaim his/her dreams, don't you.

None of us want to be "Just a poet...". We all want to be a great poet. I would be a liar if I said I strived for less. I want my career summary to read: Great scientist, great business man, great lover, great friend, great philosopher, great poet. Who doesn't?!! Indeed, I am consumed by this. It is what drives me every day. I won't achieve all of these goals, I know. Who can? Only the very rare, but do I desire and dare to be the very rare? Yes I do. I have to try even though I know I will only make it so far, and that all the deeds that I may achieve are only transitory, the stuff on a hundred years if I'm lucky. So why the fuss? I don't really know. It is programed into me, I guess, but that is who I am, and that for which I strive. Always a work in progress, trying to be better, until the final end, of course. Where will I go? What will I achieve? "Just a poet..."? Not if I can help it!

A short poem. A powerful poem. Words of the human soul from one so young. We are programed to strive and dream. And we dare to want our dreams to come true. This is probably the greatest attribute of the human soul.

Really high marks on this one, My Friend!

Very best regards,

Rick

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Tate thru the eyes of a child all is simple, not complicated as we adults tend to make it and EVERYTHING is possible... That I learned from my children. That one lesson in life and by the grace of God is what has brought me this far... I believe a good poet is in touch with their very soul... A great poet touches the soul of others. This touched mine... Outstanding... Thank you for sharing with me...

Posted 11 Years Ago


I like this so much!

Posted 11 Years Ago



6
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2220 Views
52 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on May 11, 2012
Last Updated on October 5, 2013
Tags: poetry, Life, Sad, adventure, mystery, pain, poem, romance, story, death, fantasy, fiction, heart, love

Author

Tate Morgan
Tate Morgan

Marion , OH



About
Available from Amazon XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX I am a product of the Midwest. Raised on the plain states of North America. I was nurtured on a .. more..

Writing
Pain Pain

A Poem by Tate Morgan


Memories Memories

A Poem by Tate Morgan



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why? Why?

A Poem by Tate Morgan