Day four, Gluttony, Beelzebub

Day four, Gluttony, Beelzebub

A Chapter by Armanis
"

Jessica is sent to another place of Hell. To reveal to her what Gluttony is. She confronts Beelzebub, and sees the horrors of what it looks like. One circle she doesn't want to end in.

"

Day Four

Jessica beheld great horrors as she walked through the door. Fat people. Lots and lots of fat people. They ate from the ground. She saw many people from the corporation she worked for, they indeed were  Countless others were also eating all that was in front of them. They were mindless to their greed...no. This wasn’t greed. This is something different altogether. Gluttony! The act of consuming everything it took in. Not just to have and hoard it like Greed.

There were demons, feeding them. These demons laughed at the dismay of such souls lost in their gluttony. They tossed things at them, and quite frankly, Jessica could not say she herself suffered this sin. Demons fed them, but these things in which the people ate was not merely food, but other things as well. Every time there wasn’t something to eat for these unfortunate souls, they ripped up the earth, and consumed the rocks and gravel, and stones, irritating the mason due to their relentless gluttony. She noticed one such individual, a little boy, fat in his youth. He ate faster than all the rest.

Before long, this boy, not only ate everything the demons fed him, but also the earth in which he stood. One demon laughed as he sat the boy on a shelf. This boy stared at everything hungrily, but it was out of his reach. He looked for something to eat but nothing was edible, and he couldn’t eat the shelf. He whimpered and whined for his hungry tummy and began clawing at his toes first. He ripped up his own skin and ate himself.

Jessica covered her mouth, weeping for the little boy as he slowly at himself. He clawed his toes, shins, thighs, waist, abdomen, arms, torso, neck, and as his organs and skeleton was all that remained, He even clawed at his own face to eat what remained there, tearing apart his skull to even eat his brain! The gooey blood poured down his skull, and he consumed that also. Until there was nothing else, even he chomped on his own bones!

Jessica walked in closer, the demons taking to mind to her, she looked into the mouth of one such victim. It wasn’t food this woman was being fed with. No, her blond hair, her skinny figure wouldn’t be accused of such gluttony. She was eating: money, needles, knives, glass, rat poison, cocaine, Heroin, marijuana, cigarettes, cigars, beer, tequila, rum, vodka, and pornographic magazines. It was not just food that landed her in this circle.

It is not a want like Greed, but gluttony is an addiction, it becomes a need. The body needs these, and it kills them once it is in the system. This sin is deadly also, damaging the soul and wellbeing of the victim.

“This is why knowledge of this is forsaken. It is a tragedy that claimed so many lives, and continues to do so. No nation like America, it runs ravaging through our great pains.” John said, putting her hand on the shoulder. Within here, lies Hellish tales, beware the Hell Cat’s tales!”

John walked down a hill, and walked somewhat easily on fiery sands, burning his feet. Jessica followed, grimacing at the pain, hoping her feet wouldn’t burn up again, yet it seemed a little more tolerable. God is Good!

Then, the weather changed. It went from Hell heat to freezing cold in a mere moment. Such bipolar weather would send anyone into shock, but as disturbing as it was, her resolve kept her going. It rained, icy shards of rain. It scratched and pierced her skin, her blood flowing from her wounds onto the icy sand. This ice forbade any refreshment, despite the change in matter. Her blood flowed like a river on this new icy surface.

Jessica followed the path John laid out before he was engulfed in a void and disappeared. Surely, he has other people he must also be helping. It means to much that he made his way back to her, if only so briefly to see how she was doing. It meant the world to her, just the act of coming, and seeing. He didn’t have to do anything, her journey was long and sufferable, but lead to answers of the great beyond.

She followed the path John carved out with his own footsteps, until it disappeared with him. She followed that direction after stepping upon his last step, and remembering his face dearly.

She witnessed many others on that same path. They continued to eat the earth, and also eating their path to the door that lead them out, until they stood on nothing, and proceeded to eat themselves. This was by far, Jessica’s shortest trip.

She looked to the door, a rather normal door, only made of hamburger buns, chocolate, and other candies, There was no actual door, it was just opened. Inside the doorway was a hungry mouth; the mouth that belonged to Beelzebub! He blocked the door, and watched her suffer through the icy rain.

“Give me my life back!” She cried out, pointing at him. “Give me my life back!” Who was she to demand such things,

“You have one more day!” He shouted back. He was the one demon that remotely looked like the devil. This is merely the fourth day of Hell for the purging of your soul. Have you had your selfish will filled yet? Beelzebub growled.

“Get me out of here!” She said, screaming, pointing her fingers at him. “I do not make deals with the devil! God help me! The pain of such icy shards is too much to bear!” Beelzebub hit her in the face with a made.

She fell on the earth, scratching herself with the now icy terrain. The shards pierced her skin as she tried to shield her face. She cried, pulling her knees to her chest.

“P...please God...open the door. Let me in.” she whimpered.

“Here lies all those who do not accept the free gift of grace.” Beelzebub growled, and faded from behind the door.

“Get up Jessica. Get up. Enter the door before.” She thought she heard John’s voice cry. She slowly helped herself up, but the shards froze her to the ground. She shivered in the dark, as everything grew cold. Much too long had she spent on the floor. She managed to lift her head up, freezing. She noticed her toes turn pale blue, and the coloration only continued, ever so quickly to her waist.

She cried, ripping apart the ice shards as they covered her. Her blood froze, and she could feel the panic in her heart, die down as her heart itself began to freeze. Her lungs stopped pumping and she could no longer breath. She reached up for the door, to try to pull herself in it, but it froze her in place. She could see from inside the frozen statue.

She tried to weep once more, but her frozen state kept them in place. The door...it is right there. And she couldn’t make it. All light began to fade, and now she was in nothingness, trying to scream but nothing was working. Nothing wouldn’t budge. She was helpless...hopeless in this pit of never ending darkness. She was going to end up like the souls, in the trees, or soil, or the road she saw upon walking in here.

But there was a light. It shone through the door she was supposed to walk through, but to no avail. She saw a humanoid figure of light, and it stretched out its hand and met hers. Slowly, she was released from her icy prison. The ice around her melted, and she was pulled up.

“All who wander are no lost.” the voice said. It was angelic, and feminine. She saw feathered wings. “God sent me here, to save you. He doesn’t want you to become like those that are the carpet of this place!” The angel pulled her into the door, and everything went black again!


© 2016 Armanis


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
Added on January 2, 2016
Last Updated on January 2, 2016
Tags: Hell, Beelzebub, Gluttony, Religion, Satan, demons


Author

Armanis
Armanis

Revere, MA



About
I am a fantasy author. I do some writing of poetry and short stories under a different name. My writing takes place in the dungeons and dragon world but in an alternate universe since my story doesn't.. more..

Writing
Prologue: Gamble Prologue: Gamble

A Chapter by Armanis


Royal Brood Royal Brood

A Chapter by Armanis


The Unholy Tree The Unholy Tree

A Chapter by Armanis