CHAPTER SEVEN

CHAPTER SEVEN

A Chapter by Amila Jay
"

Nannie's Ghost

"

------------------------------------Chapter Seven---------------------------

 

Some one pulled him in suddenly and pushed him aside to the floor. “Rachel….” He murmured as he looked at the person standing in front of him with feet apart.

It was Rachel but she didn’t look like herself and she was wetter than a fish as water dripped from her clothes and hair.

Before Robert had a chance to get up or say anything she pulled him and cornered him to the wall and held on to his neck as she fiercely asked him to give back the box and everything that was in it.

Her eyes were bloodshot red.

“Looking for this?” asked Emma from behind them. She gave Rachel a cunning smile as she meddled with the box, arousing her that she let go of Robert and came for Emma but just then David threw a chair at her with force, making her fall down.

Robert coughed for breath and his wound started bleeding again as Emma and David gathered towards him to help him.

“Did that just happen or am I dreaming,”

Emma shook her head and pinched him hard to make him believe that everything was real,

“We thought right,” said David,

“Thought what right?” asked Robert,

“We had the slightest feeling that Rachel might come back for this box and guess we were right…..in fact we were behind your back, we found the box lying outside, but how did you hurt your hand…?

Robert pointed to the bin and told them that his mother had dumped the two necklaces’ and the letter in to it but that he recovered the photo and ring from his father’s desk, “when I put my hand in to get the stuff, something tugged at my hand from inside…”

“Perhaps an explanation will do…..”?

“Well,” started Robert and just then Rachel groaned as she woke up,

“She’s waking up,” said David, “be prepared everyone…..”

“Hold up people, I think she is come back to her senses….look,”

“Oh my stomach,” moaned Rachel and then sneezed continuously. “Where am I?” she inquired on looking around and on seeing her friends cornered she asked them why they were behaving like that and they concluded to themselves that she was back and helped her up and the four of them grabbed a chair and sat around the table to straighten things out.

“First of all where the heck were you Rachel…..what ever happened to you”?

Rachel scratched her forehead for a few seconds trying to figure out what had happened to her and then suddenly bounced in that the last thing she remembered was looking at the letter and photo when that little boy came into my room from nowhere and told me to look at the box and then disappeared through the window, I was pretty amazed myself and decided to do what he asked but before that I tried to stop him but he was already out. I couldn’t see what was in the box as Frasier suddenly sprang at me and I fell out…..”

“Why didn’t you scream?”

“I did…..but no one heard me,”

“Then what happened,”

“I think someone clasped my mouth as I was in a dizzy state and dragged me away,”

“That’s haunting enough,” mused Emma,

“Yes, but in the morning we found wet clothes thrown over a chair,”

“I don’t recall anything after but I know one thing…….some one is making me all do this….”

“You mean that weird hallucination you were having”?

“Indeed,”

“Well according to my point of view, there is a hidden part in all of these actions and we must find out what exactly it is,”

“What were you saying about that bin and all Robert”?

“It’s a long story,” he told them and started explaining to them about what happened at the hospital and how he ripped her off the necklace and the fact she had complained to his parents about him. He told them that his father had known Scarlet long time back and that it was he who had given her the ring, but the letter and necklaces’ were in the bin and as he had tried to get it, the bin had suddenly come to life and tugged his hand in.

“So you’re saying that Scarlet’s fiancé has to be Bryan….Peters who is now Dan Reynolds’s and that Ms. Claire knows something yet she is lying to us?”

“Exactly….”
“Remember that pendant you picked up some rocks during our field trip Rachel, well that’s the exact type she was wearing,”

“Ms. Claire said that it was given to her by her friend long time back to remember him,”

The four friends started to ponder on what to do but their concentration was ceased by Rachel’s sneeze.

“Say what people…..lets first get this stuff out from the bin and clean up the kitchen,” Robert insisted and David gladly emptied the whole can onto the tiled floor and as they continued to find what they wanted they made an ever bigger mess.

“We’d better hurry up…..it’s almost three am,” Robert gave them a reminder because his mother usually wakes up early.

“Found it!” yelled out Emma and the rest kept their fingers to their lips to tell her to be quiet.

“Sorry,” she said, “but look here I found the other necklace,”

“Got the letter here, but it’s all smudged up,” added in David holding it up disgustingly and they felt a little happy as they had found what they wanted at the moment and that they four had got back together, though Robert badly wanted to ask Emma and David about their relationship he resisted as now was not the time but he kept a close watch on them both.

The four teenagers finished cleaning up in the nick of time and headed directly into Robert’s room.

They talked over and agreed to meet back in school whilst Emma, David and Rachel went back home without any one noticing them.

Rachel changed into warm clothes and sat by the fire when her brother happened to see her.

“I don’t believe this…..Rachel….you’re back,”

“Where have you been….are you alright?”

Rachel smiled elegantly. “Do you see me with a broken arm or a damaged lung?

“Nope,”

“But how is your leg now?”
“Much better, but you didn’t answer my question yet,”
“Nobody took me, I went off a little far and got lost,”

“You should have phoned us,”

“Sorry!”

“It’s alright…..you’re still my baby sister,” he ruffled her hair for fun,

“Where’s Helen?”

“At Joan’s place,”

“As usual,” they both recited together,

“Come on!” he got her up and led her to the kitchen and they both munched on some cookies left in the oven.

“So….when is mom coming back?”

“Probably in a month’s time, she called the night before and told that she will finish her business there and come to stay with us……..I think she will be here for Helen’s graduation day,”

“Really, well that’s good news, I mean after all she wasn’t with us for most of time, it was that nanny who often looked after us right,”

“I wonder what happened to her,”

“Are you kidding me, I thought you knew what happened to her,”

“I can barely remember her face,”

“She died in a fire, twenty years ago; people say that she had caused the fire on purpose and as of that it caused the death of a little boy as well,”

“How do you know so much?”

Eric straightened him self up on his chair, “Well, I learned all that from friend, when I went with mom one day to see her. Mom wanted to thank her and pay her for she hadn’t taken her monthly sum.”

“Really, that’s bad and what about that little boy, how did he end up in the fire?”

“Oh he um……. I think he must have been playing with brother when this happened, not sure,”

“By the way what was that nanny’s name…?”

“Scarlet Marianne,” Eric said at once,

Rachel suddenly bit on a piece of cookie from a soft tooth and yelped ‘ouch’,

“You ok?”

“Yes, but did you just say Scarlet Marianne?”

“Ye-e-s, why”?

“Just asking,” she nodded and curiously asked him, though half heartedly whether Frasier was there when she was around, as he is an old cat,

“He was, only a kitten then, dad brought him for you when you were only two that was Scarlet came around but she never liked that cat and used to hit him all the time.”

“Serves her right then,”

“Hey!” Eric raised an eyebrow,

“So why are you so keen on this?  Are you up to something?”

“Just….you know,” she shrugged her shoulders, “Well, I think I need some rest now, have a lot to catch up in school,”

“Wait up,” he said and went along with her and parted to his room.  


© 2012 Amila Jay


Author's Note

Amila Jay
Thanks to all those who read and review:-)

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

A very good write I have enjoyed and recomend

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
EMF
As often, when you get into the flow of the writing, you lose a little of the punctuation, but that will tidy up in the edit. Striking work, as always. You never disapoint

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good write ... keeo it coming :D

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Good work.Impressive.Maybe a few more commas would make it less breathless,but that`s your style.I`ll keep following the story.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Wow...I really like how the descriptions and narrations are crafted in here...Very stunning indeed...Like it!
:)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A powerful chapter. The situation is very detailed and the words held my attention to the last words. I like the conversation and the desire of this chapter. No weakness in this excellent chapter.
Coyote

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

169 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 14, 2012
Last Updated on February 18, 2012
Tags: horror, crime, life, fiction


Author

Amila Jay
Amila Jay

Kandy, Sri Lanka



About
Hello everyone, My name is Amila and I'm 22. I love listening to music, taking down lyrics, doing research, writing, playing video games, watching movies, etc... - Myspace Layouts,Graphics, and C.. more..

Writing
Revenge Revenge

A Poem by Amila Jay



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..