WOMEN AREN'T  SAFE  (PART I )

WOMEN AREN'T SAFE (PART I )

A Chapter by Asra Hakak
"

A NEVER-ENDING STORY OF DISCRIMINATION !

"
When I say women aren't safe, I mean every time I am alone with a man or when I am sharing a seat of a bus with any my skin crawls . The other person looks in a creepy way . I know his vision is not pure . I shiver over the way he looks at me . Hundred negative thoughts flash my mind leaving behind trembling hands and when he leaves the pounding in my chest slows . And I see this is the story of every female .


When I say women aren't safe, I mean while walking down the street, all senses are heightened because you have to be cautious of those alley ways, of the man sitting on the breach of that shop, or the one in the car and the gang of wandering boy's, passing cheap comments . Your whole body tenses, you rush into the nearest store but sometimes no store nearby to escape . So you keep walking, pretending nothing is wrong . But at the same time you know you can't wear that dress again because every time you put it on, it reminds you of them and you fear it'll happen again .


When I say women aren't safe, I mean we are taught to be well behaved, don't speak up .we are taught to be fragile and men are superior . Our self esteem is lowered under the tag of patience.


When I say women aren't safe. I mean there are girls starving themselves just because the definition of a beautiful girl according to society is someone who is having a good figure, a fair complexion and a pretty face . These beauty standards are overwhelming. There are girls crying, wondering why they ain't that way. They start to hate all that they are because society digraces us for not being their version of ideal


© 2015 Asra Hakak


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I loved this read. I have to say, a lot of boys and men have the exact same issues as you mentioned here, and other woman can be just as scary as any man. It all depends on the situation and type of people involved not simply the sex of the person.

Posted 8 Years Ago


Asra Hakak

8 Years Ago

true that
even women themselves are responsible for this discrimination

tha.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 3, 2015
Last Updated on September 3, 2015


Author

Asra Hakak
Asra Hakak

India



About
Thoughts are rare to come and pressures of life make less what one knows but notes help to remember and reflect.I write down my thoughts, thoughts that have no name given,I write down dreams and night.. more..

Writing
TELL ME TELL ME

A Poem by Asra Hakak