WOMEN AREN'T SAFE  ( PART II)

WOMEN AREN'T SAFE ( PART II)

A Chapter by Asra Hakak
"

A NEVER-ENDING STORY OF DISCRIMINATION

"
When I say women aren't safe I mean, that this panic we live with each day of balancing between
['' don't eat too much /don't eat too little
Don't be fat / don't be skinny
God! Do you ever stop eating? / woah, do you ever eat?
Don't be loud / don't be quite
Have a voice in society / stop talking to boys
You want something, speak up! / No, no, wait for your turn!
Ugh, she never shuts up, it's obnoxious. / have you ever heard her talk? Is she dumb .
Make sure you don't wear such clothes that show off your body / don't look like a granny .
Don't be so old fashioned, go with time / so modernised, if something happens with you' it will be your fault.
Don't be antisocial / charactered girls are reserved.
Be smart / not that smart
Men like a smarter girl / men can't stand it when you know more then them .
Play dumb / ugh, not that dumb .
Girls don't belong to classrooms they have to take care of kids / you want a well paying job, pay an incentive, sacrifice your family and study .
Be yourself / unless it goes against what we say.'']
Will not go away .it's something we have to deal with anyway everywhere on this earth.


© 2015 Asra Hakak


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

Nail and head. You have hit it. I don't know if there are more chapters to follow but I hope there will be. I agree with your observations but I feel like maybe you're missing a chance to slide in some pearls of wisdom, of female empowerment. You grab the audience because you plainly state the double standards women experience everyday, an audience that would be largely female and impressionable - now that you have us, give us your message.Something more than: we have to deal with this everyday . Tell us not to apologise for having an opinion, no to start every argument with " I'm sorry but.." , that we are not merely things to look, that we are not objects to be rated, controlled or owned.

Ps: Please feel free to review my work. Be brutal! Thanks

Posted 8 Years Ago


Asra Hakak

8 Years Ago

all opinions are welcomed ...
I agree with your views



ya sure I wo.. read more
This comment has been deleted by the poster.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

141 Views
1 Review
Added on September 3, 2015
Last Updated on September 3, 2015


Author

Asra Hakak
Asra Hakak

India



About
Thoughts are rare to come and pressures of life make less what one knows but notes help to remember and reflect.I write down my thoughts, thoughts that have no name given,I write down dreams and night.. more..

Writing
TELL ME TELL ME

A Poem by Asra Hakak