Deserve Better

Deserve Better

A Poem by Amanda Trerotola

To be loved again 
Is what we desperately hope for
Yet when love comes along
We feel we don't deserve it 

-You deserve better, you deserve all the love (A.T) 

© 2018 Amanda Trerotola


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Thank you for this wonderful reminder for the need to love and feel loved, though love begins with love of the self.

Posted 5 Years Ago


The key two words for me in your short prose is 'loved again'; particularly the word "again"! And an old expression came to mind - we don't know what we have until its gone. Deserving better is not as relevant as deserving equality - especially when associated with an affair of the heart ... great read/write - makes you think and review ... :-)

Posted 5 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
¿
Yes of course.....and sometimes we express ourselves as weak to gain more love or love again even when we're strong enough to withstand any pain...
Thanks for sharing this great short read, Amanda...Be blessed! :)

Posted 5 Years Ago


I've always felt that way... Like I didn't deserve the love that they gave me... I often felt guilty and unworthy of that sort of thing. I want to give my all to this person... This is a nice poem! I like it

Posted 5 Years Ago


not a bad short. we all feel this in the same way, esp. when things started getting "toggled" in love-life. sometimes, we even fear of getting debauched again by someone - the another one because love can be come in any format or layout of emotions with feelings - either desperation or infatuation to heart so we always feel like deserve being better that the previous - the last encounter of life. a very honest piece of art have you cum up with. liked the words, and would be looking forward to reading your work shortly.

Posted 5 Years Ago


So very true Amanda. Well said and expressed.

Posted 5 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

335 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on October 11, 2018
Last Updated on November 18, 2018
Tags: love, writing, poetry, relationships, life, journey

Author

Amanda Trerotola
Amanda Trerotola

About
Welcome to my page, my name is Amanda. I always had a joy for writing, but stopped for many years until I stumbled across my old poems. Figured, I would start writing again. My dream is to write a.. more..

Writing