To Obama, Love the Party

To Obama, Love the Party

A Poem by Laura E. Aranda
"

All my friends, Take NO offense!!!!!!

"

Dear Obama,

 

You are only a skin that I slip on.

Through you do I live and breath.

You are but only a glove....to hide my fingerprints, of course.

You are...will be nothing without this hand to hold you.

 

Always and Sincerely,

Your Party

© 2008 Laura E. Aranda


Author's Note

Laura E. Aranda
Do not take offense, whom reads this. Thankx!

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Though I'm an Obama supporter and a true Dem, I understand what you've conveyed here.

I do think this applies to any political candidate, though. All political candidates are hollow without the support, promotion, emphasis and force of their party. If not, you or I could run for president right now. It's the money and the backing that make any mere man a threat politically.

And to people who believe this to be Obama support, PLEASE polish your analytic skills. Read deeper. Please.

Laura's so good that you don't even realize she is criticizing the man with finesse. Pure finesse. You don't have to agree with her in order to recognize the skill involved! Impressive.

Nice write. Honesty is always appreciated.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Though I am not of your nationality, I am well aware of what goes on. I like the precision of this. Good write!

Posted 15 Years Ago


I agree with your sentiment...and one written below about replacing "Obama" with any other major politician...they are all just "mouthpieces", nothing more...it's quite sad. Nicely done.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I too like the imagery in this and agree that the glove is a well chosen analogy. I'd be voting Obama if I were American. But of course I take your point that the politician is nothing without the party. Strong and concise!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thought this was great, so eloquently put and very, sadly, true... one could replace Obama with just about any leading politician from any country. Where did real character go? Bleached out of politics by the faceless marketing men from hell... good words Laura.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

wow, ok you gets tons of points, brilliant, i'm voting for the man but still the way you put it, i can take a godo piece when i read it. great job.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Nicely put and I do think he understands just who he will be working for. I love the allegory of the glove, it works well.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

No offense but a sly grin. I liked this very much. Very clever imagery. Nice job. Thanks for sharing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

cool poem! its not poltical, but poetic. i love the message.... i wrote about obama too! you should check it out when you get a chance...

thanks for sharing!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

483 Views
18 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 9, 2008
Last Updated on September 15, 2008

Author

Laura E. Aranda
Laura E. Aranda

TX



About
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and rightdoing there is a field. I'll meet you there. Rumi You can't wake a person who is pretending to be asleep. ~Navajo Proverb One of my favorite po.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..