Chapter 1: The First Step

Chapter 1: The First Step

A Chapter by love_a_little

Bricksfield Airport

'Okay, alright, i can do this!!' I tell myself before I walk out the gate to meet my host parent for the first time. I take a deep breath, one hand dragging my carry-on luggage, and start walking with my huge backpack on my back.
Well, you guy might be wondering who is this girl blabbing about what she's doing and thinking. I'm Vicky, Veronica Nattha. I just got off a really, really, really long flight and i'm super tired. I hate jet-lack so bad as much as Juliet's family hated Romeo's. The reason that i'm here in this small town is because i am an exchange student. I will be staying with my host family for a year.
The moment i step out of the gate, i saw balloons, and a welcome sign.

"Hi!!! Welcome to Bricksfield Vicky!" said a middle age looking lady.
"Hiiiiii" said a little boy standing beside the lady with a smiley face.

Alright Vicky, that must be your host mom and your little host brother, i told myself. Think of something good to say, now Vicky!!

"Hello," I finally say something, and offering my hand for a shake. Oh gosh!! This is not how you should start off with someone who you are going to stay with for a year.
"I'm Rebecca Pulski, you can call me Becky" she said while shaking my hand. She still have her huge smile on her face. Then, she turn to her son and say, "why don't you tell Vicky your name?"
He nod his head violently and say, "Rob, my name is Rob Pulski! And i'm 4." He told me his age and stuck out his 4 little fingers.

"His name is Robert, and... ohh! Let us go get your luggage first, the light is already green. You wouldn't want to miss it right?" She said laughing a little.

I laugh along with her and nod. This airport is a small airport. We only wait for a few minutes before my luggage come out along the trail. Becky help me grab my huge luggage and set it on the floor.

"Well, you must be super tired from that super long flight, lets get you home and rest so we can have a little dinner and meet our neighbors," said Becky.
"I love that idea," i said with my tiring eyes.
"Alright then," she smile, "Rob, let's go."
"Let me help you," Rob said with a determinate face.

We all laugh because if his cuteness. Rob can't really help me with my huge luggage because 4of him could probably fit in it, and he is just slightly taller than my carry-on, so Becky help him with it. It was great meeting all of them this morning. Becky, a chubby lady with short hair, Rob a little guy who have the sweetest smile i've ever seen. I'm so excite to meet all our neighbors tonight.


© 2015 love_a_little


Author's Note

love_a_little
***PLEASE*** Ignore my grammar problems

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I cant wait to see how Vicky and Robert gets this romance off the ground! Great read! Please check out my book, Beneath the Bottom of the Barrel

Posted 9 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

124 Views
1 Review
Added on February 9, 2015
Last Updated on February 9, 2015


Author

love_a_little
love_a_little

About
A dreamer, a planner, a new writer. more..

Writing