Chapter 3: Just Stars and Stuff

Chapter 3: Just Stars and Stuff

A Chapter by love_a_little

After dinner

The adults are out by the fire drinking beer and talking about work. I walk over to the kids that are playing further back in the back yard. I sit down on one swing and watch them play, jump, and run around. This is really entertaining.

Suddenly, something cold touch my face. I jump a little and look up. Jacob is standing there with 2 soda cans in his hand. He hand one soda to me and sit on another swing by me.
"So, you are going to live here for a year right?" He ask me.
"Yeah, that's right."
"Wow! Cool! Isn't it scary to leave your home and stay with someone you completely don't know for a year?"
"No, we did send e-mails and talk before i flew over tho."
"Still, you never meet Becky before."
"Well, i saw pictures," i said then i laugh.
He laugh too and says, "that doesn't count, you are really brave to come over all alone."
"Umm yeaa, thank you." I said while looking up at the sky.

There are stars, millions and billions of them on the sky. It's like a diamond decorating a dark sky. It's really pretty, and a smile appears on my face.

Jacob's part

Well hey, i finally have a part in this book. Not that i say that i'm not a part of this book, but this is my talk. Well, I'm Jacob, i live next door, it's like half a minute walk to Becky's place. I was here since i'm so little and now, i've grown up. Today, Becky told me that there will be this new girl living with her and there will be a welcome party at her house. Yup, as always, i'm late. But you can't blame me, you should go blame my boss this time 'cuz he let me do some little extra work. Umm...whatever let's now talk about this girl in front of me. She is not so tall, well, comparing to me she's short. She's probably 5 feet 2 inch. She have long brown wavy hairs and brown eye, and she's not too chubby or too thin like those scary Victoria's Secret models. She should be from Asia, i guess. Her eyes, her nose, and her lips just fit in the right way in her face. Her Eyes are big and those thick lashes, it's real and there no mascara or what ever that all the ladies put on their lashes. Her lips, yes, it's pink and not too big not too small. Just natural, it's just good the way it is. Like an art work in the museum, you don't touch, you don't change them because it's perfect the way it is. Oh gosh! This is creepy, why am i doing this. Looking at her and just....arghhhhh! If she knows about this, she would probably be scare and fly back home by now.

Tonight, i learn something. I like her smile. A lot. The first time she smile at me, it's like everything slows down and, and, and yea and that feeling you have when you like something. I want to see her smile again. It's nothing! I just like her smile and that's all. I hope. Now, i'm sitting by her, looking at her like one crazy guy. She's smiling and she's looking at the stars. She must like them or even love them.

"You like stars?" I finally ask her.
"Love them! But i don't really see stars back at my home." Ha! I'm not wrong.
"You don't see stars??"
"No, it's like this, i live in the city and there are lights everywhere. Tall buildings short ones, houses, streets, cars, it'z like there are lights everywhere so you can't see stars there."
"Ohhhhh"
"But if i go out of the city to the rural area, i would probably see stars."
"Well, sine you re here now, you can see stars ever night." I told her with a smile.
"So there are stars every night?"
"Hahahahaha, what a city girl. Yes, there are stars here ever night. There will be plenty more for you to learn here in the country side." I told her with a little laugh.
"I know, this place is completely different from where i'm from. There are no buildings everywhere, instead there are trees and farms. I could probably count the car that pass by the house." She told me.
"Well, but the good thing is it's peaceful and quiet here. And it's only about 30 minutes drive into town." I tell her
"Right, there will be plenty of things that i should adapt to while i'm here. Ughhh i have jet lag and time zone." She said rubbing her eyes and stretching her neck. Oh come on! Don't do that! You are looking too cute again.
"Are you tired?" I ask her worryingly.
"Nahh, not tso much after that super long nap i had. I'll be fine by tomorrow i hope." She answer
"Speaking about tomorrow, do you want a little town tour? I can take you. We can also go see our school. You are going to be a senior right?" I ask her
"That would be fun, and yes, i'm going to be a senior. Well, i should probably tell Becky first."
"I'll go with you then." I tell her big a big smile. Why am i so happy? Dude! She's new here! But she need her first friend. Still, am i flirting? It's not like i ask a new girl to go out for a date, she just came over and it's not even 12 hours yet! Well, tomorrow will be. Gosh!!!!!! Jake! Go check your brain, why are you arguing with yourself like this!!!
"Umm, can i have you number? So that i can text or call you sometimes." Oh gosh, this eats up like all most all of my courage fuel.
"....." Don't do this pleaseeee. Don't be quiet like this. Wait. She getting her phone out.
"Here, type you number in, i can't remember mine." Victory!!!! Yupp i shouted in my own thought. I tupe my number in and i text myself so that i will have her number too. How smart Jake, how smart.

We finally walk over to tell Becky that i'm taking her out for a tour tomorrow. The adults love the idea, they even said that i should take care of her. (Yes!!) What was that in the bracket?? I have no idea what it is. Okay, back to me, Becky is okay with my idea, and now Vicky is to bed. She must be so tired, i herd that her flight is about 12 hours to here. I start walking home because i also fell tired from work. That crazy boss let me work like a horse. Let me do something.

--Jake--
Goodnight :)

*Beep Beep*

--Victoria--
Goodnight, sweet dreams :D

--Jake--
Sure will, you have a sweet dream too.

Okay, now i have a conclusion. Something's wrong with me and i have to figure it out soon cuz i've been looking at her text and smile for like almost 10 minutes now.


© 2015 love_a_little


Author's Note

love_a_little
***PELASE*** Ignore my gramma problems.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

65 Views
Added on February 12, 2015
Last Updated on February 12, 2015


Author

love_a_little
love_a_little

About
A dreamer, a planner, a new writer. more..

Writing