Narrator

Narrator

A Chapter by baloney1

I live on planet Earth and I walk among you. But, I'm not human. I can say that now. Before the resistance, I was unable to interact with anyone I wasn't assigned to. I couldn't even apologize to someone I bumped into on the street. Usually, I wasn't even allowed to walk on busy roads. It was too much of a risk.

 

I was a tagger. I was supposed to tag people I was assigned to. My job was to get to know them, then once I earned their trust, I had to turn them in. None of the people I was assigned to ever really put up a fight. They would learn to trust me, then once I brought them in, they just left. It was as if they knew they were done.

 

Basically, once I was completely imprinted in their memories, they could be found easily. It was as if I put a tracking device on their mind, just by the sight of my face. That's a really bad example, because the process is much more advanced than that. But that's just so you have the idea.

 

My job required me to mold my personality to whatever my specific target liked. My looks never changed, just my personality. Because of that, I don't have a true personality now. I mean, i must have some sort of personalit, but I don't feel like I do. Ever since the resistance I felt like a tiger born and raised in a zoo that was just let into the wild. I don't know what I'm supposed to be, since I was always told what to be. It's frightening.

 

To the world, I was a regular looking teenage boy. I had an average face with average features at an average height and weight. This was so to everyone other than my target I was hardly recognizable. I chose my body though, it wasn't just handed to me. My employers presented me with several thousand options; some atheletes, some rather large people, the occasional anorexic person, and even some "stud muffins." They were all people who had been targets. It didn't feel right to me, taking on the body of a dead human being, but it had to be done.

 

Anyways, it was my last assignment that led to my freedom. She was just a regular teenage girl. Well, to the public she was a regular teenage girl. But to my employers she was their newest test subject. To me, she was the girl that lit the flame, the girl that started a rebellion, and every other cliche saying along those lines. She was also the girl that taught me to be human.



© 2011 baloney1


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review




Reviews

Why did you spell for weird? And I don't think "You got this" all other stories you tried to wwrite you stopped half-way through, and besides, you think writer's cafe is all a bunch of "posers".

Posted 12 Years Ago


Interesting premise. I liked the idea of being able to track someone by his or her memory of you. I felt though that you kind of showed all your cards at once. I guess it's a matter of personal reading/writing taste but I liked to be eased into a character and all his/her abilities/agendas.
Nice first chapter!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

156 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 19, 2011
Last Updated on June 19, 2011


Author

baloney1
baloney1

About
hiii i just made this to creep on my sister and make sure she doesn't get into any trouble. my sister is howl pendragon. yay!! and i already deleted another writers cafe i had... And yes, baloney1 .. more..

Writing
Finals Finals

A Poem by baloney1


Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by baloney1





Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5