My love for you still flows................

My love for you still flows................

A Poem by barricade

It's been quite a while now

since you parted your ways with me...

Just not being able to let go of you

I hang on to each memory...

 

I'm left to cope with what you said

but all efforts; they seem to be in vain...

The distances seem to be growing each moment

and all I breathe is pain!!!

 

My endless longing and yearning for you

like a wild fire it grows...

I'm burning in the shadows of  our memories

and it's not tears; rather my love for you that flows...

 

And my love for you still flows...

 

I LOVE YOU!!! i MISS YOU!!! is all that I scream

as, in my emptiness, it echoes

despite where we stand today

my love for you still flows...


My love for you still flows..............................

 

© 2009 barricade


Author's Note

barricade
just a follow up to my piece "That night".................

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Isnt it odd that no matter what someone does to us we miss the goodtimes we had with them. They can make us cry, make us sad but we cry when wde no longer hear their voice. That was only one part of what I got from your piece. This was very good piece. Im sure many people can relate to it.

Live, Love and Learn

Lady V

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Such pain wrought by love, when love walks out leaving you with a yearning, aching heart which still flows

with deep emotions, so well expressed~ the repetition lines add strength to this writing

Great follow up piece to the other poem~WeLL DonE!!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

A wonderfully melancholy piece of writing... holding love close that has left your side. It is hard to let go of something that precious. I have been there and know how you feel.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Again, you have displayed such pain of love in such a artistic way. I knew reading this that it had to be a follow up to the last poem I read of yours, and indeed you confirmed that in your author note. I really like the way you put yourself out there in your work, and you have no problem displaying your painful emotions in writing. The way you reflect back upon the love lost is simply touching. Great work!

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really enjoyed reading this poem of broken-hearted-ness. I love the words you chose to highlight in red. It's as if the poem is so hard and painful that it's actually bleeding.
Wonderful.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

=)

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Awesome! Great follow up piece, flowed right from one into the next. The feel of the missed longing love made my heart ache. I was in the moment and still feeling it. This one spoke to my heart, so needless to say, I was moved. I like poems and storys that leave a person with an afterthought. This one certainly does.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

So beautiful yet tragic I feel the pain the sorrow the heartbreak as I read it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I like this write alot
I can really feel your powerful emotion through it.
This is very well expressed.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This make me wonder, wonder that is on love panopticon. If do not chose love, the premise being that love just happens, then can we chose the prison it leaves us in if it is taken from us?

I also wonder how long the love will still flow, personally, I doubt it goes.

An good and effected piece honey, though just quickie "Just not being able to let go off you" should that say "of" not "off".

Mx


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Song like I think, a sad song but not entirely, nice to feel so passionate. I mean in one way if a persons feelings are not reciprocated and yet never the less an overflow of feeling spills and has no place to go it becomes displaced I guess, shared out with friends and family perhaps? But its not the same.
Anyway I don't think I'm much help with a write like this, I never really know what to say and generally say the wrong thing at some moment its not received so well, knowing that, I'll stop, because its a clear write and doesn't need to be pulled apart the feelings in it do a good job of that all on their own I think.

I hate to say a negative after all the positives but its not really negative. In the second line "part" is a little clumsy? Parted? Would that read better do you think? And is there a reason all or almost all the I's are in lower case? Is it to add further insignificance on the you in this piece? Anyway not to worry too much I know I'm worse with things like that, hopeless really.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1010 Views
34 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on August 10, 2009
Last Updated on August 13, 2009

Author

barricade
barricade

India



About
with time...u shall see for the rest...just ask.... Lets101 Quizzes - fun Myspace quiz more..

Writing
Incurable Incurable

A Poem by barricade



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..