Chapter One

Chapter One

A Chapter by Nyx

It was a cool, starry night when she awoke from her slumber. She sat up in her coffin, rubbed her eyes and flew out of bed. Walking towards her window, she slipped on her boots and opened the window.

                She studies her arms, and in the moonlight she could just barely see the scars of her past that cover her arms. Thousands of thin, white lines stretch from her wrist to her shoulder on both arms. She reminisces the old days, when bright red blood on a shiny silver blade would make her heart beat faster from pleasure.

                She sighs as a sudden burst of cold wind blows her dark auburn hair from her eyes. She climbs out her window and closes it silently. She runs down the road and toward the river, hoping that her lover will be there waiting for her as they had planned the past night.

                At the riverside, she spots a body lying in a puddle of something. Blood! She starts walking towards it, then notices the head is missing as she continues her walk to the body. She yelps as her foot sends the missing head flying through the air. She reaches down and reaches down and picks it up, her hands shaking.

                She looks at it, then hurls it away from herself. Falling to the ground she sobs, “Why him? They have struck again, and this time they changed my love!” Her own head falls off as her shoulders heave from her sobbing. She catches her head right before it hits the ground. Her love, lying on the ground, groans as he tries to stand.

                “What the heck? Where is it? Am I dead? Someone, please, HELP!” he screams. She runs to his head and brings it to him. “Here. Don’t worry, you are like me now. Half alive and half dead,” she says. “You mean undead?” he whimpers. “Precisely. Now I must find whoever it was who changed you and kill them. I already murdered the guy who changed me.” He had fallen to his knees sobbing, but then his face brightens visibly, “Can I help you with the murder? Pretty please?” She hesitates then tells him yes and he is overjoyed.

                “I have always loved watching people die, and now I get to kill someone!” His face is like that of a young child on Christmas. They walk hand in hand to her house.

 

 



© 2013 Nyx


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
Added on November 12, 2013
Last Updated on December 4, 2013


Author

Nyx
Nyx

Cocoa, FL



About
I am a huge fan of Batman, the Joker, and Nightmare Before Christmas, and I love reading horror stories. I write poems to express my feelings, whether I am feeling depressed, happy, or anything in bet.. more..

Writing
Her... Her...

A Story by Nyx


Done Done

A Poem by Nyx


Broken Broken

A Poem by Nyx