Character Sketch of Audrey Hepburn

Character Sketch of Audrey Hepburn

A by Bay
"

This is a character sketch that I was assigned for school. I chose to do it on Audrey Hepburn. I hope you enjoy it!

"

 "She has authentic charm. Most people simply have nice manners."

     A sweet smile and a gentle attitude are the things dear friends remember most about  Audrey Hepburn. This quote, from Alfred Lunt (who starred with Hepburn in Breakfast at Tiffany's), displays just one of the fond memories Hepburn's co-stars have of her. Those who knew her personally remember her for her sweetness, as well as for her beauty. Elegance and style were never absent from her person.
   

     Audrey was rather tall. She had brown hair and a very pretty, but different, facial structure. She was born in Belguim, but her ancestry was so mixed and intertwined that it would be difficult to tell from exactly where she came without former knowledge of the fact. Speaking of her genes, she said herself that if she were a dog, she would be quite a mess. Her complexion was fair, and her eyes a deep brown. Audrey was very thin, some say as a result of the malnutrition she suffered as a teenager during Word War II. Sean, Audrey's son, said that she could eat both her boys under the table. Still, she remained very fit. She walked almost everywhere she went when she was home in Switzerland, and she never failed to put a healthful meal on the table. She was always as stylish and as fashionable as possible, and for that she is (and always will be) greatly admired. To the public of today, Audrey Hepburn is more a figure of elegance and graceful carriage than she is of anything else. She was a great lover of children and of animals, a characteristic shown in her tender touch toward them all. Others knew Audrey as the shy, thin girl with large eyes. She was very different from the other actresses of her time, but her unique personality and looks did not stop her from becoming an instant sensation. Audrey's unusual traits may, actually, have acted as an aid in pushing her popularity. She was known never to say anything bad about another individual; she never vilified her ex-husband to her sons, nor did she lash back when someone publicly insulted her. Any hurt she felt was saved to be shown behind closed doors.
Hepburn was able to do a wide variety of roles, draining her own personality out of herself in order to step into the personality of her character. Her most famous and most popular role was that of Holly Golightly in the 1961 film Breakfast at Tiffany's. Because Hepburn had a reputation for playing an innocent, wide-eyed teenager, critics remarked that Marilyn Monroe should have been cast in her stead. It was not until later that they saw the wisdom in casting Audrey. Audrey recalled this role as being the most difficult of her career because it took her so far away from who she really was. After the height of her career was over, Audrey Hepburn spent most of her time at her home in Switzerland, where she could be with her sons and get away from the cameras and the paparazzi. She never wanted to be the center of attention. In Switzerland, the people knew who she was, but there was never a big deal made of it. Audrey liked that.
Miss Hepburn went through a great deal of hardship and starvation during the war; because of that, she had a deep feeling in her heart for suffering children around the world and was determined to do all she could to help them.
   

     Audrey died in January of 1993 of colon cancer. Though she is no longer with us physically, the impact she left on the hearts of many will continue to be recognized for generations to come.The life of Audrey Hepburn is still celebrated today as more people realize the kind of person she was. Her  talent, sweetness, elegance, and beauty will never be forgotten.

© 2009 Bay


My Review

Would you like to review this ?
Login | Register




Reviews

An amazing biography of an amazing woman.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1664 Views
1 Review
Added on December 2, 2009
Last Updated on December 3, 2009

Author

Bay
Bay

NM



About
Hello everyone! My name is Bay. I am a lover of Jesus Christ, and I want all of my writings to be glorifying to Him. I love music, books, writing, studying foreign languages (especially French :D),.. more..

Writing
Madalaine Madalaine

A Poem by Bay