The Underground City

The Underground City

A Chapter by Bannister Weston Chaava
"

Homrah.

"
I was in awe, an underground city.
Luunar leads us down a long bridge, but all the while I can see it, Homrah. Our way is lit by blue and gold Xiu, the beautiful mix of colors is simply amazing. There is a large tower in what looks to be the middle of this place, a long twisting staircase rolls around it's side. Around the tower there is a circle of smaller buildings, a strange wire seems to originate on the tower, and spread out to the buildings around it, every now and then the light emits a soft blue glow. We're underground, but for some reason, when I look up, I see the moon. Luunar tells us we've arrived late, and so unexpectedly, so there'll be no welcome party, I am still in awe, so no words response escapes my mind.
I look over to the girl, who's name I still don't know, she looks as amazed as I am.
"Not sure if this is the best time, but I never asked your name..." I say.
She turns to me, an amazing childlike smile on her face, the first I've seen from her, "Hannah... I am Hannah," she replies. 
"Well, I am Old Child, bit of an odd name, but that's what Ignis calls me, so I've kinda just gone with it," I say.
Hannah looks at my sheathed blade quizzically, "Another time," I say.
"Well, now that we're all well met, welcome..." Luunar says, as she turns to face us, "To Homrah."
We're now off the bridge, the place is dimly light by small post with lamps filled with little Xiu floating atop them. There is very little sound, save the sound of the water so close by. Even in the dim light we can see the many rows of houses, some with little lights being put out inside them. Luunar turns around again and leads us straight to the tower. As I look around I see that a lot of the houses look very similar, like they were built to be exactly the same. 
"We're here," Luunar says. 
A small house near the tower, it doesn't look like the rest of the houses, where as the other houses looked more square this one is a little strange in it's shape, with a slight lean to the left, a wider middle, and a much shorter roof. Luunar opens the front door and invites us in. Hannah goes in first, and I follow after.
Luunar flips some sort of switch and the place lights up. This is where we'll spend the night, Luunar tells us. This is her house, it luckily has three extra rooms so Hannah and I will sleep comfortably. The place is clean, but I can see all of Luunar's equipment around, an extra board sand board, a satchel, a bag. Luunar leads us to our rooms, down a little corridor, there are two doors facing each other, the right one is mine, Lunnar tells, and the left one is Hannah's, Luunar's room is all the way on the other side closer to entrance. She bids us goodnight and walks away to her room.
"We'll talk some more in the morning, you two just rest up, you've a rough one," Luunar says as she walks away.
When Luunar is out of sight, I look to Hannah and we share a look of tiredness before saying our goodnights. I close my door, rip off my extra clothing and baggage, and fall down on the soft bed. I haven't felt a bed in a long time. I fall fast into a dream. 
I dream of Hannah.


© 2013 Bannister Weston Chaava


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

171 Views
Added on July 23, 2013
Last Updated on July 23, 2013
Tags: story


Author

Bannister Weston Chaava
Bannister Weston Chaava

About
I enjoy writing, and so I do it :) I especially enjoy fantasy adventure stories. more..

Writing