Mommy, Why Don't You Want Me?

Mommy, Why Don't You Want Me?

A Poem by bebop278
"

A poem about life lost before it even was begun.

"
Mommy, Why Don't You Want Me?

A poem by Kim Mathews.


Mommy, why don’t you want me?
Did I do something wrong?
Because you got rid of me, before I even met you.

I wanted you to hold me,
to hug me and be mine.
I would have loved you more than the life you almost gave me.

You would have watched me grow up,
from my very first steps
to the uneasy walk down the felt carpeted aisle.

Someday, I might have even
had a baby, like you.
And you could have held her, like you would have held me.

........

But I forgive you, mommy,
because even though you didn’t want me, I still wanted you.


© 2012 bebop278


Author's Note

bebop278
This is what I think every woman should be given to read who has/is contemplating this life altering decision, because it's not just your life that's being effected. However, I'm not looking to start a debate with this. If you want to talk with me about it, inbox me, but don't fill it up with reviews of your differing opinion. All I'm looking for in a review for this is what you though of the poem, not your view on the subject matter.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

It is a very touch subject, so kudos for putting it out there.

This is a bit hard to judge "objectively". My first response is that it's too sentimental - but considering the subject, that may be the point. It's like when the tv runs those commercials with african babies with flies around the eyes - sentimental, but effective.

The use of addressing the woman directly from the point of the baby (personification? hmmm) gets the pathos across.

Posted 12 Years Ago


The poem is simple and very moving, nice!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful, and I totally agree.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I really enjoyed this. Having the view point from the unborn child really makes it that much more gripping and emotional. I agree with the idea of this poem and I think you did an exceptional job displaying your thoughts and feelings into written words.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I often wonder what type of impact it has on a woman to have an abortion. It must be something that stays with her for the rest of her life. You brought out the thoughts of of the unborn child in a way that makes people think. Good poem.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

248 Views
5 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 30, 2012
Last Updated on January 30, 2012
Tags: poem, grief, sad, mournful, abortion

Author

bebop278
bebop278

Hillsboro, IL



About
Well.... I obviously like to write. I'm sort of a band geek. I play five different instruments. I draw a bit. I read a lot. I write a lot too. Most of my works are on the darker side of literatu.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Raina Raina

A Story by yukiderp


~Blush~ ~Blush~

A Poem by Robbie~xoxo~