Love Me Not

Love Me Not

A Poem by .::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.
"

About something from the past that has yet again came up...ugh I don't feel good so I have to write about this feeling.

"

I'm not sure what to think after all this time.

It's been so long,

I'm over it but you don't seem to be.

 

I'm not sure what you want from me,

I can't just love you when I don't anymore.

I'm so confused about everything

having to do with you.

 

I've changed so much.

I don't think you see it at all.

 

I feel so sick every time your name comes up,

especially when you're trying to talk to me,

I don't even know why I feel sick but I do.

 

You try to ignore me when I say that I'm over you

as if it never came out of my mouth,

as if we're still together.

 

I just want you to move on

so I won't have to feel this way.

Is it too much to ask of you

to love me not?

© 2008 .::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.


Author's Note

.::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.
Ignore grammer & spelling.
Don't be too harsh I know it's not perfect,I didn't want it to be I wrote it for me not to please you.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really like this one Beck... It's amazing.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Not to much to ask... but impossible to answer. Unfortunately, we can't turn off our love if it's still got a heartbeat. When we're done loving it's one thing... but otherwise, I don't know if it's possible.

I'm sorry your past has come back to haunt you. It is interesting and sad that he makes you physically ill. I can only assume that the break was good for you. Keep taking care of yourself.... and keep getting it out on paper. There's nothing to be criticize in this write anyway! It's a good piece, and I hope it let some of the pain out.

Posted 15 Years Ago


Not perfect!! You serious!! It's awesome!!
I loved it! Ok! So it's not really romantic, pretty painful actually. The emotions really gripped me and well, it was sad to know that you had to go through such times in your life...
Yet, this is a great write... So many of us can relate to me. I can too, partially though... ;)
Well done!! Keep writing...^_^

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is definitely a poem that I can relate to.^^ So many times, poetry is about being broken-hearted, but rarely do you find a poem narrated by the one DOING the heart-breaking. ;) Nice job with this poem.^^

Posted 15 Years Ago


Your words are so deeply personal and moving, showing the pain of letting go and those effected by a heart's journey. So beautiful, sad, and poignant...

Craig

Posted 15 Years Ago


This is really touching. I like your usual style, this one seems to run all over the place. But that also adds to the sense of disorientation and confusion, so it could be a good thing. Send me more!

Posted 15 Years Ago


It's very pretty and very emotional. I like it.
I think a helpful thing for you to do would be to limit yourself to a small number of words, maybe even try your hand at haiku or something, because it would mean that your really have to think about whether what you're saying is absolutely necessary. Also, play with words a bit more, pick really unusual ones and see what images you can create with them, have some fun creating puns. Your poetry could do with a bit of irony and humour to take it to the next level. Your Monster poem was good because it was a different subject matter to what you normally do; now it'd be really interesting to see you write something that's in a completely different style to what you normally do.

Posted 15 Years Ago


It was amazing. You have no reason to think of it as imperfect.

Posted 15 Years Ago


well i thought this was a good piece,
i can relate to pretty much everything about it,
the only thing i cant relate to is the together part,
it was like this with me and a guy even thought we were not together,
well its still going on, so i really relate to it,

keep writing! :D

Posted 15 Years Ago


I think you've done just what you needed here - gotten all that angst out in a healing way. I love the message here as well - I agree that the last line was perfect - that age old line "love me not" as a request and not a question.

Posted 15 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

164 Views
12 Reviews
Rating
Added on August 18, 2008
Last Updated on August 18, 2008

Author

.::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.
.::Cup^E^Cake*RaWr!*::.

Somewhere I need to be down in, AR



About
My Name is Rebekah but everyone calls me Beck or Beckah or my fav Cup^E^Cake & I was born in Ohio but Raised in the south. My poems are about things that really happend some where in my life weather .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..