I Must Be Dreaming Chapter 2

I Must Be Dreaming Chapter 2

A Chapter by Bella Bites
"

First Date.

"
"Hey mommy." She turned to me half-asleep and said

"Hey honey. What are you doing up so late?" I was trying to think of what to tell her. I had my hair highlighted and she was staring straight at me. She was bound to figure it out soon. My mom was looking at me and was squinting really hard. She flipped on the lights and gasped.

"Lillian Estelle Masterson! What have you done to your hair?!" Oh crap! She can see it.

"Don't you like it?" I asked nervously. She looked at me with bewildered eyes and angrily said,

"Like it? Lillian you went behind my back and did THIS to your hair! I never approved this kind of hair style. Do people at your school have hair like this?" I looked at the clock and said,

"Everyone has this kind of hair. It's cool." She glanced at the clock.

"I think it's time for you to get on to bed,"
She said calmly.

"Mom, let me explain!" I yelled.

"No need for an explanation, just go to bed now."

     The next day I asked mom to borrow her car. She said ok and went back to bed. My mom had a Rich Red Convertible with Shiny Silver wheels. I hopped in and drove to school. When I got to school, I parked my mom's car in the student parking lot. I got out and ran to the entrance of the school. I met Janie at the door and she told me to walk slowly past Jake. I told her that I was nervous and she said to break a leg. I spotted Jake right away when I saw him with a bunch of girls. I ran over to a spot a couple of feet away from him and began slowly walking. Every step I took I knew I was so close to cracking Jake Sharp. I walked past Jake and his eyed followed me. He gasped and said,

"Wow..." I turned to face him and whispered,

"Head over heels, aren't you Jake?" I skipped off to class and I knew I had him in the palm of my hands. A bunch of guys were checking me out and I winked at them. My teacher's complimented me on my outfit and I thanked them. I walked to class proud and accomplished. I walked to lunch and I saw Jake heading over to talk to me. I sucked in a deep breath and turned to him. He came over to where I was standing and said,

"Hi, I'm Jake Sharp and you are?" I looked into his chocolate-brown eyes.

"I'm Lillian Estelle Masterson, but everyone calls me Lilly." He told me my name was very long but he thought it was cute. Janie rushed over to my side and told Jake that we had to go. I wrote my number down on his hand and waved good-bye.

I rushed home to see if Jake called and surprisingly, he did. I picked up the phone to call him back and just then the phone started ringing. Thankfully I have caller I.D. So I knew it was Jake. It said 'Sharp' residence. I picked up and waited a moment.

"Hello?" I breathed into the phone.

"Hi," he said

"Is this Lily?" I paused before answering knowing that this made him anxious. A moment later I said,

"Yes, can I ask who is calling?" He breathed short and shallow over the other line and wasn't answering. I was making Jake nervous.

"Hello?" I said again.

"Yeah, I'm here," he said

"This Is Jake Sharp, you gave me your number today in the morning." I knew exactly how to make him feel weak.

"Jake Sharp? I don't think so.... oh wait! Jake Sharp, right, right. Well hi Jake."

"Hi Lily," he said

"I was just wondering if maybe you would like to go out this Saturday?" Oh I have him in my trap.

"Sorry, I have a thing. I don't think I can make it." He told me it was ok. Then he hung up. Oh, this was too good. I called Janie and told her how it went down.

"OMG, you broke Jake Sharp?" I giggled when she said it and then said,

"Yeah, he was so sad. Now he finally knows what it feels like to be 'dumped'". She told me that we weren't done yet. I asked her what she had in mind. She told me next time I talk to Jake, say yes when he asks you out. 2 weeks later, to break up with him. Oh that was genius!

"I know that he's going to call me a second time so I will go out with him".
I went to pick out a new outfit for school when I heard a knock on my door.

"Can I come in Lillian?" I heard my mom's voice at the other side of the door.

"Enter!" I said in a loud voice. I was way too happy to sit down with my mom and watch her scream at me while I pretend to care.

"Honey I'm not here to lecture you or yell at you, because we both know it never works". Wow she finally realizes that.

"Yeah mom I know, so why are you really here?"She probably wanted to talk to me about my highlights. Oh god, quick I have to make up an excuse! Before I could get to doing that, my mom's hand were wrapped around me so tight I could barely breathe I swear I felt tear drops on my arms.

"Mom are you okay?"Why is she crying, oh my god what did I do?

"I'm so sorry sweetheart, it's just .......... well honey look at yourself your growing up so fast baby. I can't take it look at you getting all dressed up in my clothes, driving my car, HIGHLIGHTS.I love you but I can't have you growing so fast." I can't believe she said that, now I feel like crap.

"Oh mom, don't say that no matter how fast I grow up I'll always be your Lillian no matter what, no matter who hurts me or if I get a makeover , on the inside I'll be your very special honey , baby , muffin cakes whatever Lillian!"I didn't know I had that type of talent of making up sappy lines.

"Baby, I just want you to know well that if anything ever happens or you feel the need to talk to someone I am always here for you, ALRIGHT." Alright then!

" Well mom there is something that has been on my mind......" I started to tell my mom about Jake and the plan. The only thing she said was...

"Okay well baby, just be careful and if anything I'm backing you up all the way." At least I can talk to my mom now.

" Thanks mom you rock and ill defiantly be careful."

My mom left the room and I got started on my homework. After I finished I hoped in the shower and head to the kitchen for a late snack. As soon as I got to the refrigerator my cell phone started to ring. Who could be calling me this late? Oh god it's Jake what do I do?! Okay um...Act cool.

"Hello" I didn't know what to say!

"Hello is this Lilly." wow he called me Lilly.

"Yes and this is.....?" I acted like I didn't know just to lead him on.

" This is Jake Sharp....."Before he could answer I cut him off acting like I didn't know who it was tehe.

"I'm sorry who is it?" I waited a short moment and then he spoke

"Um... Jake I'm the guy you rejected yesterday." Wow I rejected Jake Sharp I wouldn't even put it that way .

"Oh now its all clear."I feel like such a b***h.

"Um, well yesterday I was hoping that you would say yes and well I just wanted to check if your mind was completely made up because I'd like for you to come with me.

"Great this is my chance."Um sure, where are we going again?"He was silent again.

"I was thinking we could go on the boardwalk and then watch the sunset."The sunset, he probably does this to every girl.

"Alright were should I meet you?" I guess I'll have to borrow mom's car again!

"I was thinking maybe I should pick you up around five." Around five? Oh yah sunsets around six.

"Sure see you then Saturday right?" Are we still up for Saturday?

"Yeah defiantly bye Lillian."This is awesome!


I woke up in the morning felling like crap. Oh wait I'm going on my date today I looked at the time. Holey s**t its 1:30, I went to the bathroom took a shower, brushed my hair and teeth and picked out a hot outfit. By the time that was all done it was almost 3 o'clock. I picked out a hot black tube top with cute white shorts and sandals. I colored my nails black and did my hair. When I was all finished with everything it was 4:45. Oh my god! I'm going to be so late I ran got my bag and put on my shoes. Right when I was about to run out my door I got a call from Jake!

"Hey Lilly, I need your address I'm on my way." Oh god, should I give him the wrong address? No I won't.

"Um, alright it's 1496 Freed-drive Avenue between Alivernt Street and Golf drive." I hope he finds his way.

"I'll be there in 15 minutes, alright." Oh my, this is really freaking happening.

"Okay see you then." He hung up okay should I stay outside no then it'll seem like I really want him ill look to easy. I'll just sit on my couch an watch some T.V. After like 10 minutes he called that he was here. I waited five minutes till I got out the house. I came outside to see a black convertible BMW parked in the front of my house.

"Hey Lilly, hop in the passenger seat." I'm really doing this. I hopped into the car and just when I was about to say something I felt a warm set of lips find their way to my cheek. Did he just kiss me?! Oh my god I'm blushing, STOP IT!!

"I'm really happy you agreed to come with me." He spoke; ill say something to make him more anxious.

"Yeah sure whatever I didn't have anything to do today anyways." I started to notice how he was getting so nervous. I'm glad that I could hide how nervous I was. I mean I'm sitting in a car with the hottest guy in school! During the whole half' n 'hour in the car we spoke about music when we got there he parked his car and we walked to the boardwalk.

"So, the only reason you agreed to come with me was because you had nothing better to do?" What do I answer?

"Well yeah, it's not like I like you or anything". He looked away and then I said,

"But I'm glad that I came". Ugh, I sounded so corny.

"Really?" he asked.

"Yeah, totally". We walked over to the steps and sat down. I took off my shoes and my socks. Jake did the same.

"You know, I hate when the sand ends up getting in between my toes and I have to wash it out".

"Yeah I know what you mean," he said

"My mom and I used to go to the beach all the time when I was little and I never took off my socks or shoes and then I ended up having like a gallon of sand in between my toes". It was around 5:45 when Jake and I got up to walk towards the front of the beach. We sat down and looked at the sunset. I almost didn't notice the picnic basket when he pulled out a blanket, some soda, whipped cream, and some fruits.

"Why did you pack all this stuff?" I said.

"Actually, I went to Edible Art and there were a lot of baskets. I saw a small one and read the description it said blanket and two sodas it didn't mention whip cream and fruits. So, trust me I'm as surprised as you, lol." He is such a liar he so knew there was whip cream and fruits.

"Oh well then we should put it back in the basket." I was thinking, what was the point of having it out anyway.

"Um, let's keep it out I mean we might as well use it and not put it to waist. I mean if you're okay with that." I so knew it, he did know.

"Sure whatever, I don't mind." We laid out the blanket on the sand and then popped open the sodas.

"So, are you ready to watch the sunset with me?" He looks like he's having fun.

"Sure, um so tell me why did you decide you would ask me out?" This should be good; I wish I had a camera.

"Well as you know I've just broken up with Heidi and..." Right when he was about to say another word I whispered

"Number 101"

"What did you say ?"



© 2010 Bella Bites


Author's Note

Bella Bites
LOL

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

504 Views
Added on February 13, 2010
Last Updated on February 13, 2010


Author

Bella Bites
Bella Bites

In your pants ;), NY



About
Name: Izabella Bites Birthday:12/21 Wanted name: Winter or Bella Eye color: green and blue and yellow and brown lol Hair: brown like chocolate :D Skin:tan Bands: All time low, automatic love let.. more..

Writing