Meeting You

Meeting You

A Chapter by Belle

       My name is Charlotte. I work and live with the Jones family. Mr. and Mrs. Jones have a daughter that is my age. They turned their basement into a sort of loft for me. They pretty much ignore me, but I don't mind that at all. My life is pretty much boring, I don't go to school, but I educate myself from books and my laptop. I already know how to read and write, and I am on my learning level for my age. I love to write poems and do my art projects. I picked up my art brush and stroked the canvas, loving the way the paint smears across it.
      "CHARLOTTE!!" Mrs. Jones called.

I ran upstairs into the kitchen, "Yes ma'am?" 
       "I want you to run to the store, take this list, and go buy the groceries."
        I took the list, and grabbed my keys. I looked outside and saw that it was raining pretty hard. I pulled the hood up on my hoodie, and braced myself as I ran to my car. The rain assaulted me, but there was no hail so I made it to the car fine. I drove to the local grocery store, and hopped out. I grabbed a buggy, and walked through the sliding doors. I looked down at the list, and started getting the stuff off of it. I went to pick out some crackers. Walking down the aisle, I felt a breeze. I looked all around, but nobody was on this aisle. It's probably just a fan or something. I'm overreacting. It was suddenly very cold. I looked around again, and this time I saw a very handsome guy around my age staring back at me. "You, can you can see me?" he said stepping towards me.
        "Yes, why shouldn't I?!" I asked, getting very creeped out at the moment. I turned to him, and studied him closer. He had a different quality to him. I raised my hand, took a couple more steps and swiped at his body. I gasped. My hand went right through. "Wh-who are you?" I managed to choke out.
"I should go," he said, and then he vanished.
******************************************************
        Who was that? I thought as I dragged the groceries into the kitchen. Ghost weren't real. At least I thought they weren't. Maybe I was wrong. Man, I hate grocery shopping. Thunder clapped overhead, and I went downstairs to my "loft". I changed into sweatpants and a large t-shirt. I laid down on my bed, I was really exhausted. This had been a really taxing day. I felt a breeze, and looked up. 

        "You came back?" I asked smiling. He looked at me and smiled. He walked to me, and sat down in my chair beside the bed.

        "I'll always comeback," he promised. He was pale, but he had emerald green eyes and brown hair. I instantly like him. He had a mischevious way to him, and I loved it.

        "Who are you?" I asked again. I figured it was about time I learned who this mystery ghost or man, whatever he was, is.

         "My name is Jameson, please call me Jamie. I am a ghost." he said introducing himself. I couldn't help but be in awe. I never really knew if ghost were real, but he was proof that they were. He was so beautiful, that being a ghost was believable because he had an ageless youth to him.

         "Oh, when did you die?" I asked. I wonder what causes him to want to live on earth when he could go to heaven. I have so many questions.

         "One of the more frequent questions. Hmmm, well I was murdered. I believe I was about your age at the time. I was out walking in the park when a fellow with a knife came at me, and well he killed me. I will spare you the gory details," he told me.

         "Oh, I'm so sorry!" I said and went to hug him only to stop halfway because I remembered my arms would only go through him. He chuckled at me. I looked down sheepishly.

         "No, no don't be embarressed. I think that's adorably charming the way you care for me," he said. I laughed and he smiled once more.

         "Why am I the only one who can see you?" I asked. I had been wondering about that frequently.

          "Hmmm, I do not know the answer to that question. I have many theories. Each one more far fetched than the other. I'm afraid our time has expired. I must go," he said.

           "Will you come back?" I asked hopefully, I had become rather attached to him.

            "I will always come back if you want me to," he promised. He then vanished, leaving me alone.



© 2012 Belle


Author's Note

Belle
As always, honest reviews. Thanks for reading(:
~Belle

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

OK. Love this idea. Love Jameson's witty interpretation of his own death. Now, It feels a little disjointed in some parts, and you should probably use a little less slang. You have excellent voice because of this but the overrall piece loses power that way. It needs a little more filler. More backstory on some characters, maybe bring up some memories she has in the house. Anything like that. But excellent start=)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Aw that was so sweet! keep updating!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

175 Views
2 Reviews
Added on June 4, 2012
Last Updated on June 4, 2012


Author

Belle
Belle

About
Hey, I am a Christian. I love God; He has done so much for me and in my life. Jesus is my inspiration. They have all the glory for everything I do. like to read, write, and play sports. My favorite c.. more..

Writing
Memories Memories

A Poem by Belle


My Best Friend My Best Friend

A Poem by Belle


Magic Magic

A Poem by Belle