What To Do When The Backup Plan To Your Backup Plan Isn�t Working

What To Do When The Backup Plan To Your Backup Plan Isn�t Working

A Story by HurricaneLake
"

Essay about finding a job, making money, being successful

"

 

 

 

You are bust down. Four seasons ago you had a full-time job. You thought perhaps you just weren’t pursuing ‘Plan One’ hard enough, until one day you looked out the window just in time to see the sun go down, while you were still in your pajamas. You just spent the whole day surfing the web without finding even one employment opportunity, not one job even remotely applicable to your skills - no matter how much you tweaked your resume. Defeated? Not Yet.

Then, you sit back, and think about your backup plan to chase that career, that noble college course of study, that elected major with so much monetary promise. However, despite your college education, without hands-on experience, the doors seem to be closed to anyone other than an intern making something close to minimum wage, if that. Then you throw you head to the side and wonder, is that career still a possibility? Kind of.

Now here you are pursuing that backup plan to your backup plan. That childhood dream of something creatively sensational, something you were really good at, something that could make you rich! You know, that dream that you kept telling yourself if only you had more time on your hands…. Well, now you sure have the time. Although, it seems no matter how much you pat yourself on the back for thinking out of the box, you can’t seem to get better than good - and every other player is good. Can you be the best? You bet! Just not in time to pay the rent.

Well, what now? If you consider that giving up would mean moving into the local park, and becoming one with its trash cans at mealtime, you know the answer to what now? You keep trying. Again. And, again. Hey, after all, you probably spent lots of time planning all those backup plans. So why not keep creatively cycling through them, and keep reinventing them, until one comes to fruition. Because there really isn’t any other viable alternative. Is there?

© 2009 HurricaneLake


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

No, there isn't. I know exactly what you mean and feel by all this, and you're expressing it wonderfully.

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

165 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on September 16, 2009
Last Updated on September 16, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

HurricaneLake
HurricaneLake

New York, NY



About
I am a Software Developer, Writer, and Office Administrator more..

Writing