Independence - A Null Hypothesis

Independence - A Null Hypothesis

A Story by HurricaneLake
"

A Commentary

"

Independence Exists- The Null Hypothesis

 

Independence, dictionary-defined as 'the state or quality of being free from the influence, control, or determination of another or others, or, among the monetarily lucky, independence can mean an income sufficient....'

 

Hey. Independence is having a job and if that job is lost, being able to find another would be just a matter of getting hired. Hmmm, getting hired...doesn't that involve a hirer? Well, if getting hired doesn't happen entrepreneurship is always interesting. Wait, doesn't someone have to be willing to spend money for the services offered?

 

Well, then, independence is having enough money that you don't have to work, having that money safely in a bank account or invested in the market. Wait, didn't that dollar drop in value and didn't market investments tank recently? Ok, independence could mean keeping all your money at home, after all, then you would only be dependent on your security system. Dependent?

 

At least, independence can mean to be free to eat, drink and be merry. What, no store? There's always backyard farming, could work out dependent on the weather. And there's plenty to drink dependent on that miraculous concept of clean water pumping though the faucet. Opps, there's that word dependent again.

 

Alright, there's independence of thought and action, like, I think I love you, so I'll take some action to spend time with you, and that action will lead to happily ever after. What? You have to love me, too? Damn.

 

Wow, I can't find any evidence that independence can be effected. It seems to be given, or perhaps allowed is a better term, and once it's in grasp there seems to be dependency factors necessary to enable it - on all levels -from people needing other people, countries needing the cooperation of other countries, to the earth needing the cooperation of the rest of the universe to exist!

 

Statistically, a null hypothesis is believed to be true unless there is evidence to the contrary. Enough said.

 

 

 

© 2010 HurricaneLake


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

142 Views
Added on January 3, 2010
Last Updated on January 3, 2010

Author

HurricaneLake
HurricaneLake

New York, NY



About
I am a Software Developer, Writer, and Office Administrator more..

Writing