Pain of invisible shelter...

Pain of invisible shelter...

A Poem by Bhavya Kaushik

 

 

  

 

 

 

PAIN OF INVISIBLE SHELTER...

 

Under the black sky and over this wicked land,

If you search then you'll also find my bruised skin.

Somewhere mixed with this multicolored sand,

As my existence is absent even in your farthest dream!!!

 

And now you're looking and wondering about me,

The unseen tears in my eyes caught your attention.

As they are deeper than the depth of any sea,

But yes, I'm still ready for my self exploitation!!!

 

Because I've a child who is continuously crying with hunger,

And I've nothing to give him except the salt in my tears.

To keep him alive I'm ready for even more struggle,

For that I'll not give you any expression of shame or fear!!!

 

I'm alone without any shelter facing this cold rain,

Is it my fate or have I been cursed with my destiny?

As for you I know I'm just a social pain,

But I'm not a pain; I'm not your enemy!!!

 

I live many lives each and every other day,

I often faced sleepless nights from unknown stress,

As I'm living my life like a bunch of dried hay,

But for you, I'm just a part of a dirty mess!!!

 

Oh! But stop …please don't cry for me,

As I know I'm unhealthy for your eyes to see.

But now I'm crying and you are laughing at me,

As this invisible shelter is my only home and will always be....

 

 

© 2009 Bhavya Kaushik


Author's Note

Bhavya Kaushik
This is a kind of different write from my other writings...
Yesterday only I saw a documentary on national geography about poverty.. So, that documentary actually inspired me to write this one! :)

[Special thanks to Caffeine for her valuable suggestion :) ]

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This is heart breaking. Even in the US we have those that are starving so it is far more wide spread than the third world countries, though I know the suffering is greater in these. One would have to be cold hearted not to be moved by this write. Each one of us have a responsibility to do something...to do our part. I use to have a special account for alms, and this write tugged upon my heart to start filling it once again. Sometimes we need these little reminders...:-) Blessings!

Posted 16 Years Ago


7 of 7 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

you have come of the age. the talent you have shown yet, has come to the full bloom here.

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This was such a horrible scene you painted here and it has stirred the hearts of those whom have read it. I think you accomplished your task perfectly. Making others aware of such terrible things that take place in the world. People live to sheltered of lives when they see such a powerful image as this their first reaction is that is not true that something like that could not happen. But unfortunately it is a fact that millions face every day. People tend to place blinder so they can not see the ugliness of the world. I applaud your conviction and heart for writing this piece and attempting to open the eyes of the world.


Well Done!!!!!!!!

Posted 15 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This picture and your poem together are so touching ... I have seen this picture before (it was sent to me on my email by a friend of mine), but just the fact that you have written about it with such deep compassion pointing out the cruel reality of human indifference makes it far more heartbreaking. You have definitely touched a nerve right there .... caught on picture for the whole world to see how ungrateful and selfish we are sometimes! Thank you for the reminder Bhavya ... it hurts but thank you!

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Bhavya.. this is brilliant and touching and really gave me chills as the same time-
bringing the heart to tears - as its such a sad situation but you captured the meaning in
a most powerful light as only a Caring heart could.. i could feel the overwhelming
emotional pain in every well placed word- poems like this are what causes change
and you bring the need to the front lines... This is tremendously imagined..
heartwrenchingly beautfiul and really makes one think about what is really going on in this world
Thank you for bringing such issues to light-bringing awareness to suffering

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

This is a great subject to write upon. You inspired me so much to write something like this too!
I agree there are a lot of people without any shelter, and we should not consider them a "social pain"
Very well said!

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is beautiful. Absolutely heart-rendingly beautiful. Thank you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've seen the second of those pictures before, and this is such a powerful and inspiring message when I think of how much I can do in the interim of each reminder, how every second counts, how much needs to be done NOW.
Completely relevant work! Thanks!


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is heart wrenching. Sadly, my mere words that I feel compassion and sadness for others' suffering is not enough, and makes me feel shame for saying anything at all if I am not actively doing something to be part of the solution. When I whine because traffic is backed up, keeping me from getting to my place of comfort as quickly as I would like; when I fret over what I should wear to a particular occasion or when I complain at all .... now assaults my soul and casts me into deep thought and desire to understand and help in some way. To change.

Thank you for this Bhavya. Thank you.

Posted 16 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Your writing brings the sorrowful scene to home as we look around us and see poverty abound. A very sad situation since we have enough in the world to share with all. Your writing says it all so well.

Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Heart breaking--the way people treat each other...the way Africa is seen by the world...If only the world knew how much pain, endurance, illness, hunger, misery and poverty there is in Africa. We couldn't make it there even for a day...And the ignorance many of us show to these people is utter and inhuman.
Your poem is relevant and eye-opening. I appreciated it from the first word to the last.
It brought tears to my eyes...
It is also a well built piece--it has good flow and it reads well.

Congratulations for making it to the top writings--it is a well deserved place for this poem.
And thank you for thinking of these people and for dedicating this piece to them.

I'd also like to congratulate you for the pictures you chose.Very good choices!!!

Many many kudos


Posted 16 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1546 Views
34 Reviews
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on April 15, 2008
Last Updated on January 8, 2009

Author

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik

India



About
National bestselling author of the novel, The Other Side of the Bed. You can place an order here: tinyurl.com/tosotb (flipkart) or can download it on your kindle from here: tinyurl.com/tosotbamazon .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..