U-um, sorry for bothering you

U-um, sorry for bothering you

A Chapter by fanfictionlover45

NILAH.

 

I stood in the doorway of the small apartment my father had just bought. The sounds of the heavy traffic echoing in my ears from behind; the door wide open. My father, John Torrez was being transferred from his original job which took place in Northern California. We were now located in Atlanta, Georgia. The noisy town we just moved into was now full of lights because of the darkness washing upon us. Different bars and diners were still open, and full of life. I sighed, looking down at my pink blackberry. I wished that my old friends from back in California would talk to me. They were extremely surprised at the erupt news my father lay upon us.  

 

He turned to me, giving me a tight-lipped smile. "Go ahead. Look around."

 

I nodded, walking away from him to explore my new home.

 

My father was the strict type. He didn't approve of the people around him often; especially with my friends. He wasn't too fond of them back in Cali. Whenever I had a new boyfriend, he'd ruin it by scaring them away. I absolutely hated it.

 

As I walked along the long, dark hallway, I came across the bathroom and a large bedroom connected to it. Across from the bathroom was a study room, guessing that was for my father's job. Next to that room was a smaller room, but big enough for me. The walls were painted a powder purple, my favorite color.

 

I smiled slightly, and walked back into the empty living room. "Papa, when is the furniture supposed to arrive?"

 

He turned to me, the wrinkles in his forehead visible. "Soon, Nilah."

 

I hesitated before asking, "Do you mind if I walk around the neighborhood. Just to get used to the new surroundings?"

 

He sighed and waved me off. "I don't care, Niles. Whatever."

 

I glared at him from behind his back. I hated that nickname.

 

Walking out of the apartment door, I felt the warm breeze of the summer air. I was happy that I didn't need to start school right away. I walked down the crowded sidewalk next to our apartment building, the bustle of business men and woman chatting away on their hand helds, teenager's chatting about random things on the steps of their own houses. I smiled, getting a little used to the new area. I've never been outside of California before. This felt great.

 

After a little while, I got tired of walking around town. Heading back towards the apartment, I noticed a fire escape along the building of my new place. I walked towards it, jumping slightly to grab the ladder; I pulled it down. I made sure it was in a secure position before climbing onto it, slowly making my way up to the top of the tall building.

 

Once I reached the top, I was surprised at how beautiful Atlanta's skyline was from up top. I stood there, basking in the glory of the warmth and beauty. I was too busy in my own world that I didn't notice the boy sitting on the ledge of the building. He must've heard my footsteps because he was staring back at me. I looked into his eyes that were locked on mine. I felt myself gasp because of the intensity of the color. The honey golden color could make anyone melt at his feet. I couldn't find any words; I was speechless.

 

He stood up, slowly walking towards me. Once he reached me, I noticed he was a couple inches taller than me. His face was blemish-free, a few beauty marks spread out on his beautiful face. His dirty blonde cropped hair was slightly blowing in the breeze. Black earrings dawned his ear lobes, making him even more attractive. Wow, was all I could come up with.

 

"U-um, sorry for bothering you." I stuttered, running a hand through my long, dark hair.

 

He gave me a grin. "It's cool." When he smiled, it was like a thousand butterflies had taken over my stomach, making me so nervous. I didn't even know this kid and look what he's doing to me.

 

"Nilah!" I heard a voice growl from a distance, my eyes growing wide.

 

"I-I'm sorry, I have to go." I ran off before he could give me an answer.



© 2012 fanfictionlover45


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

163 Views
Added on February 18, 2012
Last Updated on February 18, 2012