homegrown poet

homegrown poet

A Poem by Belle

i am a homegrown poet

who sees self as no-body

but i can bashfully admit

that i am some kind of

a philosopher

a dream weaver

who mirrors life through

the delightful scrutiny of

a feeling mind

a thinking heart --

© 2014 Belle


Author's Note

Belle
a quote from my quick ink which i tried to turn into a little free verse, and found it interestingly good with its new form, so here it is...

image is The Poet by Jusepe de Ribera (Spanish, 1591–1652)

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review


Beautiful work!
“Some kind of philosopher, a dream-weaver.”
This just perfectly encapsulates the truth of what it is to be a writer!

I cannot give it more glowing praise than to simply quote it right back. I think with these words you've pulled writers from their little spots in the ground and examined their damp undersides. (Well that metaphor got out of hand very quickly, but I think it's apt, all the same.)

“the delightful scrutiny of
a feeling mind
a thinking heart” --

A poem to accurately describe the simple and the grandiose among the wordsmiths, those with grand ambitions and those who simply do it for fun.

A beautiful poem, Belle. Thank you.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Belle

10 Years Ago

I cannot say more, except that you always has the right words to say what must be said.

read more
Belle

10 Years Ago

I cannot say more, except that you always has the right words to say what must be said.

read more
KAin

10 Years Ago

Always have the right words? That IS a writer's compliment :)
May they stay with us forever..... read more



Reviews

a smooth read, a feeling mind, a thinking heart, yes

Posted 9 Years Ago


Homegrown poet?? Umm, sounds interesting! All the words are well expressed through your muses. It`s completely a free-verse indeed with sweet---sounding theme. Well written!

Posted 9 Years Ago


Writers and Poets must be many things.
"but i can bashfully admit that
i am some kind of
a philosopher
a dream weaver"
A philosopher and dream weaver make the writer use his imagination and create. Thank you for sharing the excellent poetry.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


"that i am some kind of
a philosopher...

a feeling mind
a thinking heart -"

So true. This is outstanding work :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Belle

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Shaquana.
"i am nobody are you nobody too?" (e dickinson)

yes, often we may think of ourselves as insignificant---i fall into that often enough...but then, we do impart some pretty good philosophy sometimes if others will give a read and give our poems a chance to make some sense.

really like this...it's so emily...and she is my favorite...

Posted 10 Years Ago


Belle

10 Years Ago

The reclusive Emily Dickinson. I once had days being stuck with some of her poems, but had not read .. read more
Belle, you are gorgeous how you are. This is the simplicity of love, we were raised up with. There is nothing more beautiful, than a giving soul, a soul who perceives, and is just aware, and there...

With thoughts, dreamers thoughts, richer then the clouds, and higher than the universe.... home simple love, just gives the perfect base of a dreamers mind, and all that comes with it.

I'm glad you feel your heart, and beats....
thus needs.
As always, an amazing work of purity mingled with simplicity, (true art) love.

- Elisa

Posted 10 Years Ago


Belle

10 Years Ago

Thank you, Dear Eli. " Think less, fell more", from your words. We influence each other here, knowin.. read more
Belle

10 Years Ago

I meant "feel" more.

10 Years Ago

You're so welcome, it's my pleasure to read you Sis. xoxo :)
Outstanding Belle, I so relate to this one, we are feeling, thinking beings who shed our skins and expose our hearts and soul through poetry. Brava!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Belle

10 Years Ago

Thank You. I am delighted by your visit.
Frieda P

10 Years Ago

My pleasure I am duly delighted by your poem.
I can say with confidence that you are a home-grown poet but a gift to the world of poetry and a true thinker...Excellent...:).........

Posted 10 Years Ago


Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

You are right. Shukran or Shukran for thank you or shukran jazeelan for thank you very much.
A.. read more
Belle

10 Years Ago

Al Afou..taking this to my word lists. :)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

Good...Grazie Mille...:)...........
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
“a philosopher, a dream weaver” – your already are one my friend. I can humbly say I am not yet there yet – being a philosopher. But I could say, I am always a dreamer, dreaming an endless realm in the far depths of our mind.

a feeling mind
a thinking heart --

~ so original, I never knew it is possible in every senses we have. Because I believed that our mind does all the thinking while the heart does all the feeling. But in your case, in this phrase, its in reverse. When you come to think of it, it’s a possibility, that needs more scrutiny. :D

Life in our thoughts and in our words, becomes so profound in the mind of a poet. Digging much more in the aspect of life, death, human, nature and even the galaxy itself. Guessing that the power of the mind and heart will really go beyond its limits if you try, and keep trying to the best of what you can do…

Very relatable piece my friend.


Posted 10 Years Ago


Belle

10 Years Ago

It is not possible in the common language, but taking the poetic license it is very much possible. I.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

smiles, you word is beautiful as its very insightful...
indeed, we grow as we cultivate our s.. read more

Beautiful work!
“Some kind of philosopher, a dream-weaver.”
This just perfectly encapsulates the truth of what it is to be a writer!

I cannot give it more glowing praise than to simply quote it right back. I think with these words you've pulled writers from their little spots in the ground and examined their damp undersides. (Well that metaphor got out of hand very quickly, but I think it's apt, all the same.)

“the delightful scrutiny of
a feeling mind
a thinking heart” --

A poem to accurately describe the simple and the grandiose among the wordsmiths, those with grand ambitions and those who simply do it for fun.

A beautiful poem, Belle. Thank you.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Belle

10 Years Ago

I cannot say more, except that you always has the right words to say what must be said.

read more
Belle

10 Years Ago

I cannot say more, except that you always has the right words to say what must be said.

read more
KAin

10 Years Ago

Always have the right words? That IS a writer's compliment :)
May they stay with us forever..... read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 3 Libraries
Added on January 15, 2014
Last Updated on January 15, 2014

Author

Belle
Belle

About
Live Traffic Stats more..

Writing
Untitled Untitled

A Poem by Belle



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..