Prologue

Prologue

A Chapter by Alex Scouten

December 6, 2010


Pain. The only feeling that wasn’t numb to me. I’ve been walking through this snowstorm, following the path for what seems like an eternity. I know I’m going to die out here, but I must find shelter for the night. Not long after I continued I spotted a dark cave in the distance. Looking inside, I stepped forward and my every move was cautious. Using the rest of my energy, I set up a small sleeping area. I knew I wasn’t going to be the one staying in it though. Even though I was told to kill him, I don’t have the nerve so I’ll leave him for the wolves. Even the thought of that drove me to feel worse than just killing it off myself.  

Just then the man pulled an infant from under the protection within his jacket. He set the resting baby down on the small area that he had laid out. The man then took off his jacket and put it over the infant. He didn’t want to leave him, but he knew it was not his choice. Still confused on why the child’s parents were so eager to leave their son to die, but it wasn’t something he wanted to do. He felt a guilt deep inside him that was eating him away, screams in his head telling him to go back. It didn’t matter now though, because he would die along with the baby. With that thought he fell to the ground with a sickening thud.

Now that he was dead the infant was alone, but not for long. The man was unaware of the curse put on the child before he was even born. Yet if the boy learned to use the curse to his advantage, then he would grow to be an amazing warrior, but if he allowed it to consume him, then all of humanity would be in danger. Even the boy didn’t know of these powers that he possessed. Before long a figure dressed in all black, who had the appearance of a shadow, walked in the cave and took the infant in its arms. With a sweet, seductive, almost angelic voice the figure said, “Don’t worry child, soon I will find you a place where you belong.” As soon as that was said, the figure left with the infant in a cloud of smoke. Even though he’s just a baby, he will, before long have to fight anything that gets in his way just so he can keep living his life.


© 2011 Alex Scouten


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

191 Views
Added on December 8, 2011
Last Updated on December 8, 2011


Author

Alex Scouten
Alex Scouten

Mooresville, NC



About
I just started writing. I have written many songs and poems but as for stories, I just started more..

Writing