Chapter 2- The Beast Inside of Me

Chapter 2- The Beast Inside of Me

A Chapter by Alex Scouten

December 3, 2027

I opened the door and walked outside into what was the coldest night I’d felt all year, and me with just a white t-shirt and shorts. It wasn’t naturally cold though, somebody was watching me, and I didn’t know it at first but I figured it out after a while. I thought it was just someone wanting to know what I was up to, but no. It was a power far greater than I could begin to comprehend. Everything was racing through my mind trying to find out who, or what, this thing was. Before I knew it, the figure following me was hot on my trail and I shortly came to the conclusion that the only choice I had was to stand and fight. So I did, I turned at that moment and swung my fist, hard enough to wound a full grown horse. Yet I looked around and the figure was gone, how had I missed?      

I looked around to find the figure standing behind me, staring me down with blood red, yet shining eyes. Its eyes were the only thing I could make out in the moonlight. I jumped at the dark figure just to see that I’d missed again. How was it dodging my attack so fast? It was almost impossible to dodge my fist and I knew it too from years of constant training. Yet this one being that was following and stalking me wasn’t even being hit let alone fazed by my punches. I felt a sense of mixed emotion rise of in me, partially anger and another fear. I was scared because how was I supposed to escape something I couldn’t catch or hit? I was angry because I wanted to teach whoever this was a lesson on how to take a beating like a man, (or women if that was the case).

It was at that moment that I felt a sharp pain in my spine, I had been stabbed and I couldn’t stop from falling down, helpless and in pain. I thought that maybe their was a possibility I just might not make it home to Jesse tonight, and instead die here on the ground. I laid their waiting for the stranger to strike again, but instead of feeling a pain go through me I felt an odd sense of strength. Before I knew it my body was on fire and it was becoming numb to the pain. To my surprise my vision was better, my arms and legs stronger, and my body filled with power. But why? Why was I feeling this sensation through my body? Before I had time to answer my own question I realized that the stranger had his back turned and was walking away. Now was my perfect time to strike him and get him down. With blinding speed I ran toward him and had him pinned on the ground before I even realized it.

I couldn’t stop myself from what was happening, but when my mind caught up with the rest of my body I realized I had completely torn apart the man piece by piece. When I looked down to see what I’d done, I realized that my hands weren’t my own. Instead they were stained a bloody red and they were claws sharp as a knives blade. I looked at my reflection in a nearby puddle and was in awe at what I saw in the puddle. I wasn’t myself. I was a demon of the night and instead of my normal white human body, this body was as crimson as the blood dripping from my victim. I had wings the size of two children and I was a lot taller than normally. I had fangs that and a jaw full of teeth that reminded me of a vampire.

Who was I? What was I? What was going on with me? As I was pondering this I noticed the body and puddle of blood was no longer their. It was as if the body and everything that it was vanished. I tried to dismiss it as a dream but I was still this thing. I was a violent cold-blooded monster that had killed this man without even a second thought. I thought it was best the body gone that way the police hadn’t been able to find anything. I was lucky nobody was around to witness what had happened. I didn’t know how long I was to be this thing, so I found it safer just to take shelter in an alleyway covered by the shadows. Before I passed, one thing lingered in my mind, what in the hell was going on?



© 2011 Alex Scouten


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

190 Views
Added on December 8, 2011
Last Updated on December 8, 2011


Author

Alex Scouten
Alex Scouten

Mooresville, NC



About
I just started writing. I have written many songs and poems but as for stories, I just started more..

Writing
Prologue Prologue

A Chapter by Alex Scouten