The Ocean Sings of Sadness

The Ocean Sings of Sadness

A Story by Blinde
"

A sad story about the death of a lover and the sacrifice made to be with him once again.

"
How the waves crashed upon the shore that day, to affect this lonely heart longing for its love. I stretched along the beach, dry sand clutching my pale feet, and I only thought more-so of my loneliness. Webs of sadness tangled with a weakly-beating heart, stopping slow breathing in its tracks. Here the tide came and snatched the final breath away, and here it would come again to take the love of the ghost it forever trapped beneath the surface.

He was always afraid of the water. Some places scared him less than others, but he didn’t like the thought of things hiding beneath the surface where he couldn’t see them. The main reason for his fear was alligators. Or crocodiles. I forget.

So when he suggested that we visit the beach, I was thrilled and surprised at the same time. I tried to ask him what became of his fears, but he only shook his head and told me that he would explain when we reached the ocean.

We dragged our load of luggage into the car, into the hotel, into our hotel room. I immediately unpacked my swimsuit and sunscreen, changed in the bathroom, and returned to my love to have him rub sunscreen onto my shoulders and back. I applied two thin layers of protection to my nose and cheeks before taking off out the door to the beach. He followed, laughing and exclaiming, “You’re just like a kid!”

We spent the entire day at the beach just playing on the sand. I suggested that we go into the water, but my beloved said to wait. He then lied down on the sand and stretched his arms and legs, beckoning for me to lie beside him. I did. He said, “Listen to the waves crashing in.”

So I did. I listened to the sad notes of the waves. An overwhelming loneliness gripped my heart, and I began to cry. My lover turned over and brushed my eye with his thumb, whispering, “No matter what happens to me, I’ll always be beside you. You will never be lonely.”

We lied there for hours, listening to the water. I was fascinated by all of the music that the water made. I didn’t even notice when high tide came until the water hit me in the face, causing me to splutter and jump up. In a panicked rush, I searched for my lover.

He was always afraid of the water. The things hiding beneath the surface scared him.

But the waves were his enemy. Not the creatures of the deep…

It took a year for me to believe that he was lost. The year was one of torment and angry music. I never returned to the beach for the entire year, but I lived in a house near the same hotel. Every day I looked out the window in hopes of seeing my lover returning from the beach.

Everyday thoughts…

How the waves crashed upon the shore that day, to affect this lonely heart longing for its love. I stretched along the beach, dry sand clutching my pale feet, and I only thought more-so of my loneliness. Webs of sadness tangled with a weakly-beating heart, stopping slow breathing in its tracks. Here the tide came and snatched the final breath away, and here it would come again to take the love of the ghost it forever trapped beneath the surface.

I joined my lover in the ocean, becoming just another note in its haunting, lonely song.

© 2011 Blinde


Author's Note

Blinde
Please feel free to critique my work for grammatical errors, spelling errors, and other things of similar importance. Also, I would like to know your take on the emotional part of this piece.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on July 12, 2011
Last Updated on July 12, 2011
Tags: ocean, song, love, death, sadness, emotional, taunt, memory

Author

Blinde
Blinde

TX



About
So who are you? My name is Blinde Nova Aezian, but you can call me Blinde if you want to. My birthday is October 12th, 1994, which means I’m 16, almost 17. I’m a girl, if you can’t t.. more..

Writing