Quick Ref. 1

Quick Ref. 1

A Chapter by Blindmikey
"

A couple of the first excerpts. These will be located in the back of the book for quick perusing and guidance.

"

 

Reading people is easy.

Misreading people is far easier.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

A power this seductive sucks you into relying on it so much that you stop thinking it could be wrong. We don’t like to put ourselves out on a limb and we don’t like the vulnerability that comes with the humility of asking questions or being wrong. But this comfort comes at the cost of countless friendships and relationships. Your not merely misjudging the book by the cover, you're stripping people of their chance to show you who they truly are; what they're truly doing and thinking. It robs them of their basic right to be genuinely heard, sqaunders chances, hurts lives, and can crumble whole worlds.

 

 

 

 

 

Thinking you know everything is a death trap.

Thinking you are right is but one piece of that trap.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

We like to think we know things. The more we know, the safer we feel. The more we can predict means the less life feels like a god damned tsunami of destruction and chaos. But for that security we give up our chance of finding truth, we stop looking for what we think we already have. And as they say, the best lies are the ones riddled with truth, chances are that you’re not a complete novice, but you’ll never become more if your head is higher than it should be.

 

 

 

 

 

Regret isn’t a cancer.

It’s a f*****g symptom. Go treat the problem.

 

-------------------------------------------------------------

 

 

You’ll often hear “live with no regrets” from a bunch of people who talk to you after you find yourself amidst regret’s very claws. Bloody good that does you. And as if it’s some kind of universal common sense that only a handful understand, no one seems to be able to tell you just how to live in this magical world of no regret. Many people will tell you that no good comes of regret, and that it’ll just eat you from the inside out. Problem is they’re only half correct. Most people fail to realize that regret serves a very real purpose; it’s not a pointless and trite emotion. Regret is the pull of your heart’s strings, your heart’s plea for you to turn around and tie loose ends. To correct your mistakes and say what should have been said. Do this and regret will dissipate while your heart finally has the chance to heal.

 

 

 

 

Regret is not a yearning for the past.


----------------------------------------------------------

 

 

Be careful to distinguish regret from the longing for what you no longer have. Though they often go hand in hand, they are not the same thing. Know that you can’t change other people’s minds or opinions. In fact, there’s a good chance that nothing you do will change a damn thing – and no matter what becomes of it, you’ll always have to live with the fact that you’ve done certain things, but if you seek to put right your wrongs, that burden upon your heart will be slowly lifted as you’ll find it much easier to live with yourself that you’ve made the true effort to repair damage done.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



© 2008 Blindmikey


Author's Note

Blindmikey
The order in which these excerpts appear bears little importance at this point. Opinions on matters, though they might not be agreed with, are quite welcome and are in fact invited.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like the format. The thoughts in bold direct our attention to the thoughtful explanations. I like what I've read so far. I think maybe I should have started in the beginning, though.

Posted 16 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

144 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on March 4, 2008
Last Updated on March 7, 2008


Author

Blindmikey
Blindmikey

College Place, WA



About
I am never the same person I was the day before. But in my heart I am the same kid I've always been. Such is my paradox. I strive to become an artisan of life. Though I am bound to fail, I do not de.. more..

Writing
detached. detached.

A Story by Blindmikey