The Coffee Bar Murders

The Coffee Bar Murders

A Story by bobby bansal

PART 1


Date: Friday 13, August 1992  

Location: Canara Bar, Vermont 

Time: 02:05 A.M

 


"Excuse me sir.....hello!!....excuse me....can you hear me old man….IT’S 2 A.M AND I HAVE TO SHUT THIS PLACE.....DO YOU UNDERSTAND?...PLEASE HURRY UP...IT'S ONLY YOU WHO IS HERE NOW", said the girl behind the bar counter in her Latin American accent.

 


"Oh oh..sa sa sorry....I am sa sa sorry.....I am m m almost done" stammered the haggard faced man in ragged clothes.

 


"YOU ARE FREAKING ME OUT.....WILL YOU STOP READING THAT DAMN PAPER, FINISH YOUR DRINK AND GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE.....are you trying to take a piss out of me, I haven't seen you turn that thing once since you have been here for the last 4 hours"


 

"No...no...I am m m reading...I am sa sa sorry....it's a....it's this news"


 

"What the hell....your wife got killed and it's in the paper"

 


"Na na no no....ee ee it's aba aba about a murder, tha tha that happa happa happened yea yea yesterday"


 

"Are you shitting in your pants...ca ca can't read (laughs)...let me have a look...hmm....so it says, a bartender was killed brutally at Jacky's Bar in Virginia. The entire body was severed into several pieces, even the eye balls were gouged...Bloody hell!!...Her organs, including the heart and liver were found half chewed...Holy s**t!....must be a psycho....but grandpa, what are you afraid about...is he coming after you (laughs again)....you fool...this ain't Virginia....this is Vermont...some 500 odd miles away from there.....now finish you drink and get out....Oh oh my my...you are really foolish you know...see the date....it is Friday 12, August 1989.....1989.....you’re reading a three year old paper.... Are you crazy?....Come now...Hurry up"

 


"Na na no...ee ee it was yesterday"

 


"You fool...the present year is 1992....1989 was three years ago....have a look at the calendar....here…..here on the wall"

 


As soon as she turned around a deafening blow................. THUDDDDDDDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 


PART 2

 

Date: Friday 21, November 1993  

Location: Dublin Arms bar, Indiana

Time: 02:55 A.M

 


“I will appreciate if you first finish your drink and then continue reading…..it’s a busy life….I have to do cleaning and get back to my home…..my kid's waiting at home for me”


 

“Ye yes  sa su sure…..aa aa I will fi fi finish soon”


 

“If your reading is like the way you speak, you won’t finish even until 5 (smiles). Let me do it for you... quickly….hmm..…A 23 year old woman bartender was found murdered at Canara Bar in Vermont….it was a scene of disgust….The torso was discovered hung on the bathroom tap…...The limbs were cooked in a pan and left half eaten in the kitchen and the severed head was stuffed in the freezer…Yucks!!!....That’s some s**t stuff….but why are you perspiring……No one’s gonna hurt you grandpa (laughs)…..and hey guess what…this happened in August 1992....…that was last year….this is 1993…wake up old boy”


 

“Na na no….ee ee it ain’t le le last ya ya year”


 

“You old stag….lemme show you...here on the calendar”


Story by Bobby Bansal

Edited by Pat.

© 2010 bobby bansal


Author's Note

bobby bansal
Kindly read, rate and comment!

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
Added on October 19, 2010
Last Updated on October 19, 2010

Author

bobby bansal
bobby bansal

Mumbai, India



About
hmmm....I am just like you, just as you are like them and they are like me. Cheers! more..

Writing