The Angel Of Concern

The Angel Of Concern

A Poem by Lissianna
"

A poem I did for a school project. Redone version of the scene between Portia and Brutus.

"

The angel of concern did come to me and bade me tell her of my troubles.

I told her I was not well and not to disturb me any further.

The angel, she has inner fire, then told me if I be sick I should not be out in the cold.

I begged of her do not kneel before me, gentle angel.

The angel told me if I loved her truly then I would tell her of my secret troubles, if I don't I must only keep her as my harlot.

I replied, gentle angel you are no sin and I do love thee.

She said, if this be true then should I be told this secret that ails you so?

I tell her I'm not worthy of her love.

Someone knocks and I hurry the angel of concern, telling her that if she but waits I'll pour out my troubling heart to her listening ears.

And with that my dear wife, my angel of concern does leave me to wait for my heart troubling problems to be unraveled.

© 2013 Lissianna


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I want to know more. Who interupted this conversation, and did the main character here finally reveal her inner turmoil?

Posted 9 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Blogger

9 Years Ago

Well, I imagine your rendering is better! j/k

Thank you for holding my tenuous inte.. read more
Lissianna

9 Years Ago

Thanks ^.^ I'm glad people are enjoying it I put a lot of time and effort into them
Blogger

9 Years Ago

It shows that you do. I like your ability.
Interesting about Angels on Earth.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Enjoyed this, saw where you went and it was a nice ride.

Posted 10 Years Ago


I love how, in the end, the angel is revealed as the narrator's wife. Beatifully done, and very sweet! There is just one mispelling: 'Truly'

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

294 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 22, 2012
Last Updated on September 13, 2013
Tags: poem, angel, concern, portia, brutus

Author

Lissianna
Lissianna

AZ



About
Aspiring poet/writer, I have a variety of hobbies and interests and have a bubbly personality once you get to know me. I've been going through a bit of a hiatus lately due to writers block and other e.. more..

Writing
Cowboy Cowboy

A Poem by Lissianna



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..