The Seer

The Seer

A Story by TheThaumaturge

I heard a knock on my door, as I came to answer it, I peeked through the door hole. I saw a man, a very mysterious man in fact, for he was no stranger, I could have sensed it, he was no friend, or I would have known it. This man could not be either, I wondered what to do. I opened the door, but no one was there, I could have sworn I saw him! Must have been an illusion. I went inside and closed the door once more, but then, another knock! I peeked through the door hole once more to find the same man, waiting. I opened the door as quick as I could, no one! I slammed the door for I was quite angry, I did not understand what was happening to me.
I looked through the glass again, he did not knock, but I looked. And there he was, waiting patiently outside. I knew what would happen so I called my daughter, Jenna. She came down dressed in her white dressing gown, she still had her pink party hat on, she turned 6 yesterday, and she had such a pretty face. I said, "What a lovely morning it is, would you agree?" Jenna says, "Yes, it is, I loved my birthday yesterday! I had so much fun!" we both grinned. I asked, "Well, I want you to tell me something, peek through this door hole and tell me what you see." Jenna giggled, she said, "OH! Another present for me?! Father a kind man has another present for me!" I looked through the door hole once more, this time it was a man with an odd look on his face, an unexplained one.
I said to Jenna, "are you sure honey?" She said, "Yes! He is still there, she may leave soon, Quick open the door!" I opened the door and no one was there. I sat down fell asleep in my confusion. Someone ringed the doorbell. I was done, this was driving me insane. I raced to the door forgot to look through the peek hole, I opened the door and saw a red-skinned man, with an angry look on his face and an eye patch on his right eye. For I moment I thought all was over, I covered my head with my hands in fear. I waited several seconds, dare not looking at the man, then minutes then hours, I looked up again.
This time it was a frightened man, white skin, no eye patch, he was in a white dressing gown, he looked somewhat like a ghost. A woman walked by, she stared at me, only me, not the man in front of me. Can she not see him? She walked away without a care, I wondered what was happening to me. This time I tried a new approach, I would talk to him, but he was gone.
I went upstairs and got a book from my shelf, I started reading. I heard tumbling come from the office downstairs. "Jenna!" I called, but no one answered. Maybe I should have stopped there, but no, I went downstairs and into the office was... me? I saw "me" in there, I said hello? He turned and looked at me screaming "JENNA!!!," then he was gone. I was unexplainably confused, I never had been so frightened, scared, or emotional in my life. I felt ready to kill someone. The doorbell rang, the demon man was back, but with a knife. I knew nothing was going to happen, I mean, these people are just illusions! Suddenly I feel a sharp pain in my chest, as a knife was plunged into me, deeper, and deeper... The world was turning white...

                   The Seer Part 2

Where could I be, in heaven? No... it was all white, only a chair in the middle of the room with something on it. I walked over and saw a spyglass, I looked into it, a deep pool of water appeared, it turned the floor into the water, covered the entire room, I must be drowning... I do not know how much longer later, but I awoke in the same room, with chains on my feet, tied to nothing? But I could still not move, as I looked up I saw the same man, that fiend, the red-skinned man, this time with horns. I have had enough of all this trickery, I found another spyglass in my pocket, how? I don't know. I looked into it and it turned into a dagger. I clenched it, and suddenly my chains became rope, I cut it clean off, I looked at the fiend again, the same but with his eyes replaced with fire and his teeth were rotten, I ran towards him, then... then... the-... th... ...

© 2019 TheThaumaturge


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

That's Amazing.Waiting for more of yours!

Posted 8 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

TheThaumaturge

8 Years Ago

Why, thank you.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

187 Views
2 Reviews
Added on November 20, 2015
Last Updated on January 5, 2019
Tags: Mystery, Seer, Connection, Parallel, Truth

Author

TheThaumaturge
TheThaumaturge

Grand Terrace, CA



About
I am a writer of truth and adventure. more..

Writing