The Tree in The Forest

The Tree in The Forest

A Story by TheThaumaturge
"

When we all refuse to listen and die with our hearts broken; the Earth begins to mourn, looking for help and life, as we kill its truth.

"

The Tree In The Forest

Excerpts from The Thaumaturge


    In a meadow surrounded by vast acres of roofed forests stood a tree; an eternal proclamation. It symbolized life, yet it was always dying; it gave cover to the fowls of the air, but they died beneath its branches; it made the soil rich, yet there was no life within. This is the fading tree.

    As a child, The Thaumaturge had seen this tree a few times, when all was seen as lost and fear took place in his heart. As he was crying, he would stumble around in the forest; running away from the village that hurt him so often. In these most desperate times as a child, he would stumble upon this tree; he would look up at, and his tears would stop.

    At the time, the tree helped the fowls from the air live and come to life; it made the soil rich, and life was within; but it still was fading from existence, as all life does. The Thaumaturge would put his hand to the oak of the tree, and he would feel great peace and safety, but he could also feel its soul decaying from the brutality of the world.

    He would sit by it, and they would both speak the language of the universe, comforting each other in these sorrowful moments. Their auras would whisper in the breeze around them, and other formations of life would come and lay down beside them - all feeling the same thing; all their hearts aching for the existence of life. But they would have it no other way, life happened how it was meant to be, and all the animals in the forest and The Thaumaturge understood this.

These moments would last for an eternity in the perception of The Thaumaturge, the tone of the wind curious and understanding as it should be. The Earth soft and the sky cloudy. They all understood. But as an eternity passed, The Thaumaturge would wake up in the forest near the river bed and walk home, feeling much better.

Now, the fading tree lost its great powers it once had. It was now a sorrowful creation of life, giving in to the hurt of the world. Its life is dependent on the power of the soul of the world, but as the minds of men grow wicked and evil; so does the soul of the world decay, waiting for life to be brought back.

Its leaves gray, they began to fall quicker and quicker from the tree, retreating from existence; tears of the soul of the world crying for help.

The Thaumaturge arrived at this spot while in search for understanding and truth. He looked at the fading tree and pitied it. He touched its oak and began to cry. The sky did so as well, as the Earth gently shook. He sat next to it for an eternity, conversing with the soul of the world through the language of the universe.

He then understood and raised himself from the ground. Peace and sorrow conflicting and present. He took a vial from his bag and put the tears of the world into it, with a distant hope to return peace unto this Earth once more. But it never came to pass.

© 2019 TheThaumaturge


Author's Note

TheThaumaturge
Image: https://furiouskitten.deviantart.com/art/Tree-of-Sorrow-3303931

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

76 Views
Added on June 26, 2018
Last Updated on January 5, 2019
Tags: Truth, honesty, lies, hurt, pain, sorrow

Author

TheThaumaturge
TheThaumaturge

Grand Terrace, CA



About
I am a writer of truth and adventure. more..

Writing