A Love For Winter (Part Three)

A Love For Winter (Part Three)

A Chapter by Brian M. Peeples
"

Third part of my multi-part short story.

"

As the moon now hung over the wintry landscape, Marilyn was now cozily tucked in her bed, sleeping after such an exciting day with her new friend. Although, she still could not see this stranger who had given her a once in a lifetime experience. She was dreaming ever so blissfully and praying that her newly found friend, Parker, would be there again tomorrow. What she hadn’t know was that as she dreamt, he was watching over her. He always had an eye on Marilyn, to make sure that she was safe. But to her surprise, she had began to develop strong feelings for this stranger who she’d never seen in her entire lifetime. How could this be? She didn’t understand it, but she did not wish to change how she felt, either. Marilyn was happy. And that was all that mattered.

She couldn’t keep the memory out of her head, thinking about everything that had happened that day. In her dream, she imagined further, her passion for this man, whoever he was. Marilyn couldn’t quite place her finger on it, but somehow she knew him...somehow she could trust him. But why? And how? She was talking to a ghost who’d thought it was a great idea to use snow as a form of communication. It was a very odd day for her, but she still managed to become attracted to this unseen entity. A ghost? Marilyn was in love with an otherworldly spirit…? It was a little too difficult to swallow the thought, but she knew that everything she’d felt was real. It had touched her heart, and Marilyn knew her life would never be the same again. Not ever.

The next day, Marilyn awoke with eagerness to begin the new day. She jumped out of bed, put on a new outfit, grabbed her winter coat, scarf, and snow shoes, and raced out the door in hopes that her friend would still be at the field. When Marilyn opened the door to her small, two-room apartment building, she noticed that the snow had halted for the time being, and it gave way to a much clearer view of her wintry surroundings. She sped down the frozen steps, almost slipping due to the excitement of what was to come when she made it to the field. Parker wouldn’t leave her, not after the experience she had yesterday. If anything, he’d already be there, waiting for her to arrive. What she hadn’t known was that Parker was right behind her, following Marilyn to the field.

It had been a very long time since she felt any such feelings towards someone. It must be the magical feeling of it all; the feeling of some kind of miracle in the works. Nothing as mystical ever happened in Marilyn’s life, and she was happy that something finally was going her way. In hopes of finding out more about this Parker character, she knew she needed to see him. She needed to find a way to make him visible. But how?

“Parker? Are you there?” Marilyn spoke once she made her way to the center of the field. Her voice as soft and melodic as ever. It wasn’t much longer before he replied, once more, by writing in the snow.

“Yes,” he had simply put, hoping not to frighten the young girl.

“Good,” she said, a little nervous and awkward. She couldn’t tell if he was happy, sad, or anything. Marilyn couldn’t see the man, so she had no idea what sort of emotions he was showing. It puzzled her emotions, causing a disturbance in the way she was feeling. What if he didn’t feel the same? What if he wasn’t who she thought he was. She had no idea who this stranger even was! But, still, she couldn’t resist the feelings that she felt. It was an unforbidden love, something only felt throughout time. A love that could never end, that was ultimately threaded into eternity. It would never cease to exist in the eyes of the two young lovers.

But neither of them knew how the other felt. They were both broken, shattered, and from two different worlds. In reality, they were never meant to be...but on some occasions, miracles are said to arise from the many deep crevices of doubt that spur from the inner sanctum of the heart. It is those miracles that give way to something powerful, a form of magic that has been lost in the depths of time since its birth. A love so strong that it would break the bonds of reality and drive two shattered souls together, mending their broken wounds and piecing them together, only to create one single heart...a lover’s heart. That is a love so true that all laws of logic would be stricken, hammered away until there was nothing but the connection between two passionate souls; two lonely spirits in hopes of one day becoming whole.

The few moments of silence were allowing thoughts to enter the minds of the two lovers. Their hearts warming at the sensation of the thought that they were meant to be. But to each other, they had still not known the passion of their love. In fact, Parker was able to see Marilyn, but she could not see him. It was easier for the poor ghost to fall for the beautiful maiden, but it was a different story for her. She solely fell for the mystery of the young man behind the hidden barrier that separated the two, preventing them from being together. There must be a way to break the wall; to destroy the iron chains that time has on the, keeping them shackled to their own different realities. Two lost souls, trying to make their way to each other, almost as they were a pair of turtle doves in another lifetime. It brought them even closer.

Eager to know more, Marilyn asked Parker many questions, and he tried to answer them as fully and as complete as possible, but writing in the snow wasn’t the easiest way of communicating. When it came to explaining his life-story, he figured he would try something different. If he could connect himself to her world, the land of the living, and was able to become a known presence, he thought of something entirely new.

At the slight instance of prayer, Parker placed his ghostly hand upon her face, knowing that he couldn’t physically touch her. But he was able to project his memories into energy, which he’d given to her. As if only a flash of light had crossed through her mind, the memories of her newly discovered lover passed to and from her thoughts. Now she knew who he was, and her feelings grew even stronger. She knew everything, even the loss of his first love.

Marilyn felt a sadness overcome her entire body, once the memories had ended. She felt as though she’d lived his entire life in the blink of an eye, and began to cry. Almost instantly after, she could feel a small windy presence wipe the tears from her face, and knew it was Parker. Her sorrows grew silent as the comfort of her friend had brought her hope that she’d one day be able to see him, that she’d be able to hold him, and have him hold her. It was a remarkable thought, and it kept her from breaking down. In the snow, Parker wrote something that nearly set a river of tears down Marilyn’s rosy-red cheeks. It was quite chilly out.

“I am crying, too.” Parker wrote, but then continued as if he knew that it would make her feel better to hear from him, “Never cry alone. Not ever. I will always cry with you, no matter what.” With this, Marilyn was speechless.

She’d never read such beautiful before in her life, and no a single soul has ever touched her like Parker’s had. Everything was perfect. Well, almost. There was one matter that still hung in the wind. They were still from two separate worlds. And there wasn’t many known ways to change that. But a thought quickly arose from Parker’s impulsive mind that he suddenly knew how to return to life again...he knew how to become human once more.

“True love’s kiss…” he wrote, “may be the only way.” He wrote once more in the snow, but Marilyn did not quite understand. Not yet, at least. He further explained.

“I could project my energy…” he began, “into...a kiss.” She froze for a moment, as if knowing what was to come next. True love’s kiss? Had Parker also fallen in love with her? Was this...was this it? Could she finally meet the young man behind the barrier that prevented them from seeing each other? It felt almost unreal, but she quickly jumped to respond once she realized that she’d been staring into space for a few minutes now.

“Is that...even possible?” She said, questioning his motives.

“I will make it so,” Parker replied, whisking away all of the letters in the snow from all the other messages.

She paused for a moment, her face burning a bright red. This time, it wasn’t from the cold that brushed against her face for so long. As a matter of fact, Marilyn was blushing.

Truth is, she’d never kissed anyone before. It would be her first kiss...her first love’s kiss... And she was nervous. But she’d felt the energy of his hands upon hers. They were surprisingly warm, for a ghost. And with no warning, he’d placed his energy upon his chilling lips, warming them to a burning fire; the burning passion of his love for the girl who’d captured his heart. He kissed her.

Suddenly, as if something magical was happening, the wind around them sped up, stirring around and around the two. It was a beautiful experience, and nothing that either of them had experienced. The passion of true love’s kiss was more than they’d expected, and its force was stronger than time itself. For a few moments, time had froze, causing a break in the wall. The barrier was collapsing.

It wasn't much longer until wind had stopped, and all was calm once again. Not much had seemed to have changed, and there didn’t seem to be and new feelings that’d arisen in the midst of the magical experience. Both Parker and Marilyn had closed their eyes for the kiss, their first kiss, and when the two opened their eyes...something did, in fact, change. The feeling of Parker’s lips on Marilyn’s was real...physically there...and something else was different. Parker, the ghost who swept Marilyn off her feet at first contact...was standing there, alive and well, still kissing her until both their heart’s content. Parker was alive at last.


© 2014 Brian M. Peeples


Author's Note

Brian M. Peeples
Here's part three. Hope you all enjoy! Don't forget to check out parts one and two and post a review!

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

THIS IS THE CUTEST LOVE STORY I HAVE READ ON THIS WEBSITE. PERIOD. THIS IS SO GOING INTO MY FAVORITES!!!

Okay! Now that I got that out of the way, Brain I have to say, you have a way with words. I felt like I was in a different world while reading this and now I am back to reality... hoorah... :P

Damn, now you got me hooked. I couldn't stop reading this for anything. Keep them coming!!! :D

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brian M. Peeples

9 Years Ago

Haha I am. I posted part four, so go read that. I think you'll be quite surprised at the ending. :P
Afraa

9 Years Ago

Okay Mr. Snow Writer!

Seriously... who comes up with that?! O_O
Brian M. Peeples

9 Years Ago

Haha apparently I do. There'll be a lot more romance stories in the future! I'm counting on it. And .. read more
Satisfying and happy. Magical and fun. Thank you Brian! :)

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brian M. Peeples

9 Years Ago

Haha thanks for reading! Part four should be done in around an hour or two. So, stay tuned in. ^_^
GOOD WORK...BUT I SEE THAT THERE IS A CHANGE OF TENSE...FROM 1ST PERSON TO 3RD IN THE PART 3..EAGERLYT WAITING FOR THE END...SO WHATS NEXT

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brian M. Peeples

9 Years Ago

I just posted it, actually. Haha.
rferdouse1

9 Years Ago

thnx...lets see what hapns nxt

Brian M. Peeples

9 Years Ago

All right, haha. Hope you enjoy it!
Wow I love how drawn out this was ....
I can't wait to see what happens next with this .....


Posted 9 Years Ago


Brian M. Peeples

9 Years Ago

It gets way better. Even I'm excited for the next two parts. :)
I really did enjoy it! You're a great author, and you can't deny it! When you become famous I can totally say, "Hey! I knew him! We were like best friends:)"

Posted 9 Years Ago


Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

I meant on, not n:)
Brian M. Peeples

9 Years Ago

Haha! That's funny.
Cool Girl

9 Years Ago

Haha yeah ikr
Now that's how you turned things around, i like the last part. as i said like for the third time (jajajaja)
Really good story.

Posted 9 Years Ago


Brian M. Peeples

9 Years Ago

Thanks haha. I like to twist and turn. And the best part is that that's not even the end. There's a .. read more
Lizardo

9 Years Ago

Good! because i cant stop reading it haha
Brian M. Peeples

9 Years Ago

Haha that's great to know. And once it's fully complete, everything's written, I'm going to take the.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

289 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 10, 2014
Last Updated on December 23, 2014


Author

Brian M. Peeples
Brian M. Peeples

Norwich, CT



About
I am a twenty-three year old writer & poet. My passion for writing comes from all over. I love to write, and I love to inspire others. Hopefully when I'm gone one day, I'll leave behind all my writin.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..